Please remember this is a family friendly site

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
I just have to say this. I know that folks have been cooped up for awhile, but this is not a men-only site. Please remember that there are women and children who are members of this group, and also that members of our families, including children read posts on this site. We have folks of different ethnicity, religious beliefs, political beliefs and many other differences, which makes this group the amazingly special group that it is. Please use better judgment before posting links, ads and comments. There have been an increasing number of threads and posts that did not belong on this site. Even though some have been humorous to the poster and some other members, the subject matter is not appropriate for a family-oriented woodworking site.

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I just have to say this. I know that folks have been cooped up for awhile, but this is not a men-only site. Please remember that there are women and children who are members of this group, and also that members of our families, including children read posts on this site. Please use better judgment before posting links, ads and comments. There have been an increasing number of threads and posts that did not belong on this site. Even though some have been humorous to the poster and some other members, the subject matter is not appropriate for a family-oriented woodworking site.

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

M

McRabbet

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Agreed!!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thanks for the reminder Cathy. I know I've got cabin fever, without the cabin!

I appreciate the efforts many of us have to put into filtering our comments. Personally, being a Certifiable Master Craftsman in the ways of written whimsical buffoonery , I must review most of my posts. :gar-Bi

Jim

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for the reminder Cathy. From our NCWW site policy page:

General Policy
The goal of ncwoodworker.net is to provide a welcoming atmosphere that fosters a unique sense of community for any North Carolina woodworker who wishes to participate or lurk. The three main aspects to meeting this goal are:

1. Guests and members surfing our site should feel that they are welcome and that participating in our site is a worthwhile and pleasant experience. We strive to maintain a polite and helpful tone in our posts, replies, and questions.
2. We seek to ensure that guests and all members of their family are comfortable viewing site content. Every effort is made to monitor User names, avatars, signatures, biographies, and posts in pursuit of that goal.
3. Members may post threads, comments, replies, questions, and make suggestions without fear of abuse from other members or staff.

Last edited:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very good point Cathy. I know I've been cooped up a lot since being laid off and some of my posts, while probably not "offensive", were not totally up to par for this site. I think it's something that happens on an unconscious level sometimes. Maybe we have a lot of stress in our lives and we do our best not to let it shine through, but inevitably, it does from time to time. Thanks for the reminder. :icon_thum

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Since I'm obviously the most recent offender, I apologize for the post and the direction it went. I will try to stay out of the Off Topic area, and when I can't I'll try to evaluate the content with more sensitive eyes than my own.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Since I visit this site everyday, I must not have read the "offensive" posts that Kathy did. Hmmm guess I need to read "every" post then. Therefore, I can't comment on the "offensiveness" of said posts. Its funny to me that some people can make posts beating the drum of being PC, and think they are not being offensive to others. Ask me what I think, ............. well you can fill the rest in and make sure you are PC.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Since I'm obviously the most recent offender, I apologize for the post and the direction it went. I will try to stay out of the Off Topic area, and when I can't I'll try to evaluate the content with more sensitive eyes than my own.

Hey Ken best of luck to you evaluating content with more sensitive eyes than your own.

It's very difficult for me to try and imagine how others will perceive what I said. I mean, you can't see any facial expressions or hear any emotional tones in a internet forum. All we have are these silly emoticons to try and express the way we said what we did. Emoticons are a pitiful substitute for the real thing.

I have no idea how others will react and likewise those reading what I type have no idea how I said it. Because of this a internet forum like this one is very difficult to participate in. Even now, I bet some are questioning the intent of this post and even if I state my intent in the first sentence and how I personally struggle in the rest of the post. Some will read more into it and formulate there own opinions. I can almost bet that someone reading this will be offended by what I just wrote. Not in the words, because I used no offence language nor have I demeaned anyone. But I can bet you dollars to donuts someone will question the intent of this post, bend it all out of shape and make it into something it was never intended to be. Throughout my membership this exact thing has happened to me many times over.

Again best of luck to you Ken, it's a very difficult line to walk on.

Thanks

JohnDistai

New User
John
Hey, anyone else notice that earlier posts which contained light criticism have been removed? I wonder how long before this and the previous poster's post are removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS