Please keep an eye on the "Really?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I think the comment from Wayne about the truck and Mike's reply should be pulled. That's getting too personal.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think the comment from Wayne about the truck and Mike's reply should be pulled. That's getting too personal.
I would like someone else to pull it. I have moderated Wayne many times and he thinks it is personal.
(He runs an independent body shop 30 miles from where I run a large dealership body shop). But I do feel it needs to be pulled. And Mike's reply needs to be pulled too.

Glennbear

Glenn
I pulled both posts. Since Doug's original post here Heath has made a post in that thread which is quite good. Check it out if you have not seen it yet. :wsmile:

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Personally, I think the entire thread should be pulled now, I see both sides of this discussion, but a lot of our members sell on the classifieds, some even buy tools at low prices fix and sell the for a profit. None of that is not allowed on the forum. This thread could leave a really bad taste in a lot of folks mouths.

TracyP

Tracy
Personally, I think the entire thread should be pulled now, I see both sides of this discussion, but a lot of our members sell on the classifieds, some even buy tools at low prices fix and sell the for a profit. None of that is not allowed on the forum. This thread could leave a really bad taste in a lot of folks mouths.

Personally I agree with you but I think we as staff members need to reach a decision together all the while keeping the BS posts out of sight. BTW Tommyt654 is replying now. Whacha wanna bet it will need moderating.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Personally I agree with you but I think we as staff members need to reach a decision together all the while keeping the BS posts out of sight. BTW Tommyt654 is replying now. Whacha wanna bet it will need moderating.

Ok, so what do we need to do to pull this thread? Or at least close it for review until a final decision is made.

TracyP

Tracy
Ok, so what do we need to do to pull this thread? Or at least close it for review until a final decision is made.

For now it is softening. I think our best action at this point is to take steps to keep the bad posts out of view. It has been in some aspect a healthy discussion. I do find it interesting the ad starter has not replied. He has been a member for years and has 14 posts. I hate to kill a healthy discussion. I say we let it run a while. I'll most likely wake up several times during the night and take a look. But if any of you feel at any time it needs to be pulled, please do so; I will not disagree.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
As long as it doesn't violate policy, let it run. It appears to have morphed from its original topic somewhat & Tommyt654's post seemed to place a different perspective on the whole issue. I found it insightful and informative. Everybody seems to think profit is a good thing as long as it isn't made off them. :gar-Bi
Tommy's post also brings to light a subject that may bear discussing. If we have corporations watching sites such as ours for these type things, is it, or would it be ethical to have someone in that capacity within the M & A 'sanctum' to eavesdrop on our 'private' discussions? I don't know of anyone presently in that capacity, but would it be compromising to the site?

Glennbear

Glenn
I sent a PM to the original poster pointing out that the thread had drifted off course but it he did not reply. Most likely he went offline before seeing my PM. I did ask his blessing in closing the thread but tend to agree with Tracy and Dennis that it is ok for now. The problem with a thread like this is when folks cannot just submit their own opinion but feel compelled to argue with those who differ. :wconfused:

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Yes, it does seem to have shifted a bit, and softened. I was getting worried because of the personal attacks starting to surface. We have a lot of members who buy tools cheap in lots and keep what they want and sell off the rest to cover their costs, as well as a lot of good deals that pop up, and I would really hate to see that go away.

Glennbear

Glenn
I would like someone else to pull it. I have moderated Wayne many times and he thinks it is personal.
(He runs an independent body shop 30 miles from where I run a large dealership body shop). But I do feel it needs to be pulled. And Mike's reply needs to be pulled too.

After I deleted his post and Mike's I received a PM from Wayne:

Gleen

That's fine with me. I have said it before and I'll say it again you people are selective of who you censor on here. It's okay for Mike to get all self-rightous and imply the person who placed the worksharps in the classified is dishonest and bringing shame to the site because of his actions but someone can't ask him about his own bad judgement. My asking him to expound on his definition of honesty was no worse then his publicly implying what he implied of the person with the goods for sell.

wayne

Besides his inability to correctly spell my name, I guess like you Tracy I am now on his "bad" list.:gar-La;
I did not reply to his PM.:wsmile:

Sully

New User
jay
Does the thread really belong in "Hot Deals"?

Although it has the potential to get really ugly, it has not yet. But, I really don't see how it should be in its current location. "Off-Topic" would be more appropriate; and not as much of a [potential] public spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS