Please evaluate works of our memebers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

himchage

New User
MGSung
Hello, I'm Korean woodworker.
The attachments are work pictures of our members.
(We're operating the Woodworking academy in Korea)

Have a good day.

Attachments

• Resize of project1.jpg
    Resize of project1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Resize of project2.jpg
    Resize of project2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Resize of project3.jpg
    Resize of project3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Resize of project4.JPG
    Resize of project4.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Resize of project5.jpg
    Resize of project5.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 162

bman

New User
barry
love that Temple Table(second picture) the shape is very soothing with the contrasting woods what kind are they? seems like you got some talented members there.

Rocker

New User
John
I am impressed. You are doing great work. The tables are stout and very well proportioned. I like the fact that you use thicker wood than we usually see here in the US...but it doesn't look clunky...on the contrary it looks really nice. I'd like to know a little about the wood you use, the joinery you employ, and what machines you use.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Very, very, nice in design and execution. Scale and proportions are excellent. Subtle, yet excellent finish.

The only negative I would offer is the color and grain orientation of the drawer fronts on the chest of drawers is not harmonious with each other and the piece.

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
I like the short table (coffee table?) in the upper left. Overall design of all pieces is first rate.

It looks like the drawer fronts on the dresser may have come from the same tree and are from sequenced slabs. The color variation may be the way light reflects off of them. In the case that the pieces of wood are flipped (i.e. one drawer face is the bark side, and the next is core side) they may look a little off depending on the view. I couldn't tell if this piece was finished yet.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They all are outstanding looking works. They all seem to have an Asian flare to their design.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin I really like that styling. I would be interested in know what sort of woods were used in the pieces. The colors and grain patterns are really superb :icon_thum
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Kind of hard to tell from the pictures but looks like red oak maple and some type of walnut. I like all the pics really nice work...

DavidF

New User
David
All really nice pieces with a nice line and the use of larger lumber actually enhances the design. If I had to have a least favorite it would be the chest of drawers. I feel the bottom of the legs could do with some lightening, but that's all, nice work.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Love combination of woods in the Temple Table. You guys sure build substantial furniture. Should last for many generations. What kinds of wood are available there? Do you ever work with cypress?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mr. Sung - the members of your acadamy are very talented! The craftsmanship exhibited on those pieces is both subtle and superb.

Scott

childe

New User
Chris
I like the last table with the thick top. It is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, as are all of the pieces.:eusa_clap

Chris

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Very Impressive and with a little more design work your pieces will be outstanding!
I agree with Alan on the dresser Drawers, is the color and grain orientation of the drawer fronts. With alittle more thought when designing this piece using the features of the wood grain would have been a materpiece. Tung oil would have been a good finish on this wood. Whoever did this work, can make beautiful pieces with alittle more time. Great work on all pieces. Thanks for sharing with us here in the USA. Terry:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors