Please Consider "Opt-In" to become a Corporate Member

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
As a member of this Group, please consider selecting the "Opt-In" part of the membership to become a Corporate Member.
We have a lot of new members to the group and a lot of long-time members. I would like to send a request for both new and existing members to "Opt-In" and become a Corporate member.

In the next couple of weeks, we will release a post requesting Nominations for the Board of Directors. That will be followed up by the voting for new Board of Director Members.
Both of these require you to be a Corporate member. If you love this site, please consider becoming a Corporate Member.

This group has several membership levels. They are as follows:
  1. Guest – any person that visits the website as a guest for reading purposes. Visitors are generally only allowed read access to the site and that access may be further limited as appropriate.
  2. New User – any person that has completed the website registration process, received approval by the Webmaster, and had their email address confirmed. The New User is in fact a probationary user. Their status may be removed by the Webmaster or the Webmaster's duly appointed representative(s), usually but limited to reasons that pertain to continued and/or major violations of policy. The usual causes of such a removal would be behaviors commonly known in the internet community as "spamming" or "trolling".
  3. User – This is a user who has has no major restrictions on their usage of the site. This is the "normal" user.
  4. Senior User – This user is a person who has been earned a degree of trust in our community and therefore has earned the right to take on certain leadership positions, such as leading discussions and organizing special interest groups.
  5. Corporate Member – A Senior User may become a Corporate Member (a voting member of North Carolina Woodworker, Inc.) by maintaining all qualifications of a Senior User and by providing their full legal name, street address, regularly monitored email address and phone number on the NCWW Info page. In addition, they must explicitly “Opt-in” to become a Corporate Member.
Member levels are based on a level of trust and time and grade. The corporate membership is different as you give up a certain level of autonomy in that you share your name, contact info, and location. With this you have a voice in our direction by way of voting rights in this organization and can run for a board position. Once you reach Senior User level and decide you want a voice (read vote) in the selection of the board you must opt in by choosing Corporate Member in your profile under Preferences.

Just go to your Membership Preferences and select YES.

1708281921960.png

Again, please consider becoming a Corporate Member. It is important, to the longevity and direction of this group, that we have a strong Corporate Membership.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here or send a message to any of the Board of Directors.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Note to any of you hesitating to opt in. If you opt in and become a corporate member you are then eligible for NCWW discounts with participating vendors such as Klingspors and The Hardwood Store of NC.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
For those on the fence, this is probably the best way to help the site and our collective efforts to expand people's interest in woodworking and preserve the art and craft of woodworking. Please consider opting in.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
To those still on the fence.

This site is great, isn't it?!?

You get advice and knowledge that people have worked years to develop and when you run into a problem there are so many folks here that have been there, done that, that can walk you through the resolution. You get to meet people and see other woodworkers shops and get discounts and ideas and inspiration for your next projects.

Opt in. Make yourself a more participating member.

And always remember to contribute to the scholarship fund. It does great things with all contributions and keeps people moving forward in their woodworking journey.

Plus it makes Hank happy.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Am I correct that our phone numbers and other personal data are only visible to the administrators?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
the thing to remember here is the fact that we do not give away or sell your info to anyone for any reason unless we are given a warrant. You may receive an email from the board of directors, but that will be few far between. Thank you for your consideration.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A couple months back, after being here since the first year, did my formal introduction, but my screen says senior user. Is that correct?

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
I with Bruce as not understanding the criteria for different levels. I opted in based on this thread, have more posts than some corporate members and am an "active member". Better than inactive I guess. :)

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
A couple months back, after being here since the first year, did my formal introduction, but my screen says senior user. Is that correct?
You need to select the Opt in box under settings

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Corporate membership is a criteria for keeping our Nonprofit status. This creates a membership list with personal information, address, name, email, etc. Until you do that, that information is not available. It’s a technicality required for a Non-Profit.

Number of posts, years on the site, etc. doesn’t come into affect in the Corporate membership equation

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here’s an example:

A few weeks ago the Mid West Tool group had a tool meet. You can go, participate, read the newsletters, etc. just like everyone else. However you are not a member till to sign up, give your contact information, and pay the membership dues.

Think of the Corporate group as the exact same way, except our dues are $0.
Think of other non profit groups, clubs, even churches. You can be a guest, regular attendee, or senior attendee and participate, attend, etc but you can’t vote, hold office, participate in “business”, unless you are a member, Corporate Member for us.

Its really as simple as that.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I have all the settings to match as described and "opt-in" has been selected as "yes" since I setup my profile but the profile says I am a "Well-Known Member". Am I still in listed in the system as a corporate member even though my profile doesn't explicitly specify that?

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
I have been a member since 2008. Back in September 2023 I sent a post to help desk that I was not shown as Corperate Member. Answer was it would auto correct because needed to log in if not was not used for 30 days. I typically log in and view forum every morning and to date still Member even though Opt in is chosen on profile. No big thing but......Enjoy site by the way.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have all the settings to match as described and "opt-in" has been selected as "yes" since I setup my profile but the profile says I am a "Well-Known Member". Am I still in listed in the system as a corporate member even though my profile doesn't explicitly specify that?
Looks like you haven't provided a mailing address in "Account Details," and you haven't made a "Who We Are" post either

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not a corporate member because:
no full name
no telephone number
no mailing address
not opted in

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors