Status
Not open for further replies.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
HELP... I have a couple of walnut boards that I plan on using for a coffee
table but I need to get them surfaced and squared up glueing(?). My
little 6 in jointer and small delta plainer just arn't up to the job . they
are 12 in wide ,60 in long and 5/4 so there is some room to work. Shouldn't take but a couple a minutes on the right size equipment. I am in Granville county but I would do a reasonable road trip to get this done.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED:teeth_smi

cskipper

Cathy
I'm sure there are a folks down in your area because I've seen the name of your county before. Sorry you had a non-native answer you first. I'll try to find someone, but maybe one of the others will chime in before then.

I went into the member list (on the top brown menu bar on this page), selected search, then advanced search and put in Granville county. Found a couple of folks and sent pm's to them. Let us know if they don't have a solution for you.

Last edited:

gator

George
Corporate Member
My little 6" jointer and DeWalt 12½" planer won't do any more than you already have. Maybe someone else will jump in.

George

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I would help but Im in Forsyth Near Winston Salem. If You wanted to come hear you can.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I have a 6" jointer & 13" planer. I'm at Lake Gaston(about 45 mins. away).
I'm just a beginner so I could be off base here. Why couldn't you PLANE one face, then reference that face to the jointer fence to square one or both edge, then back to the planer to flatten the other face? I hope that makes sense:drunken_s:drunken_s.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to use my equipment any time!!:icon_thum

pslamp32

New User
Peter
You can't plane one face flat unless the the other side is already flat to register. You could use a shop sled though.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
My jointer is only 8", but have you considered ripping, face joint, edge joint, plane, re-rip and edge joint, then glue? If you wanna do that, I've got a Freud glue-rip blade, the 8" jointer, a 13" planer and Bessey K-bodies. I'm near Wilton, at 56 and 96, about three miles south on 96. Available tomorrow and Monday. PM for appointment.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
I am pretty close to Oxford (20 min?), right near Stem. Got a 12" jointer. You are welcome to stop by and I'll run it over the jointer.
Sent me a PM if interested with an email address and I'sent you directions.

Cheers,
Bernhard

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
If you don't hook up with Bernhard, and are going to be in the Raleigh vicinity, you're welcome to stop by and use my 16" jointer and 20" planer. I'm about halfway in-between Apex and Sanford.

Scott

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hey Scott - you are one heck of a nice guy, but with that avatar, I doubt anyone is ever going to take you up on your generous offers :)

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
Thanks for all the offers of help . I went over to "fernhollowman" (J.Murphy) and he was a great help. We ripped them and machined them down. The glue is drying as I type this. Can't say enough nice things about the help I got and the things I learned from Jim :icon_thum

Dan Bowen

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dan, glad it worked out.

Kevin - you shouldn't temp Bas like that...

Bas, that's by design. This way I get credit for volunteering, but don't actually have to do the work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS