Pine sawdust

Status
Not open for further replies.

julia1986

New User
JG
Hoping someone can give me a lead on a sawmill that might deliver pine sawdust in bulk (tractor trailer load). We are located in Eastern NC and it will be used as horse bedding. Please email gandifarm@yahoo.com

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Do you want saw dust, or shavings? Contact Forestry Extension service at NCSU, and they could probably tell you a source. Most saw dust is now either headed to MDF plant at Moncure, or to brick plants. Call Guy C Lee Lumber in Smithfield. I think they still run a sawing operation.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Julia, check with Parker Bark in Rose Hill. I used to buy truck loads of potting soil from them, and seem to remember that they stocked other items.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Julia, there are a couple mills here in Fayetteville area, though not large operations, I know one of them has milled large quantities of pine in the past, and is (was?) located behind the Harbor Freight store. I don't remember them having any signage there or a phone number, but they had at least a semi-permanent set up there with an office shack and a large covered storage spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS