Pine 4x4 scraps anyone? not pressure treated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Do any of you by chance have some white or yellow pine 4"x4" x 5-6" pieces cut off from some air dried beams or such. I will be needing approximately 3-4 pieces, you give me a price via PM and you could ship it via a flat rate box if you wouldn't mind?

Thanks a million! Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am pretty sure I have what you need. If I can only find it in my mess. :embarrassed: Lemme look after it warms up a bit.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey guys, i have just recently began to lay out my turning project that i am needing this 4x4 piece for and have decided that a 4x4 will not suffice for what it is that i need. I will be actually needing a piece that is somewhat larger, probably significantly larger.

I'll tell you what it is that i am doing, I am preparing to turn some custom corner decor that i will split into quarters and install in the upper corners of my wall/ceiling junctures of my house to butt ceiling crown molding up to when i install it here shortly.

So actually what i will be needing is a 6" or larger square stock to that will provide enough surface area when cut into quarters that will allow for the crown molding i will be using to butt against a relatively flat area of the upper portion of my turnings.

so some pieces in the vicinity of 6x6 and approx 4-6" long will work great. I guess i would have to pick them up from you due to the fact that i don't believe we could get these pieces to ship in a large flat rate box, well perhaps a 'large' flat rate we might.

I need to measure the dimensions of a "large" flat rate box shortly and post those dimensions up here for if you have several pieces that i could purchase from you i wouldn't mind paying the shipping costs incurred with shipping them in a single flat rate box if say 2 pieces would fit accordingly.

Thanks, Chris

Chris

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Chris: If you can't find anything, I have some 2" thick (9" to 12" wide x 7+' long) slabs drying that could be planed and glued together. Otherwise it would be Tues or later next week before I could mill you out a timber from a log. Its loblolly pine.

Go

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey Chris,
I've got some 6x8 air-dried Cypress that should do the job. Stop by.
Russ

You know Russ, this is hilarious! I place an inquiry online to tap into a much larger base and my buddy from the 'same stomping' ground gives me a shout out...right around the corner...hilarious!

Heck maybe i should have just called you first. Funny stuff! :rotflm:

I'll swing by there shortly.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS