Picasso pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I have seen some pens recently on other sites that were more 'free form' in the segmentation. I thought I'de give it a go. I'm not overly excited about my first attempt, but I do like the idea and think the technique could produce some amazing results. I really like the woods here (Curly Sycamore (from Jeff...thx, Jeff...it's gorgeous!) and amboyna burl) and would use them again. I think I need to make the turns on the saw more defined an keep the angles more perpendicular to the edge of the blank...I think the cuts at acute angles are what hindered this attempt.

Cheers,
Chris

NewSetup_086.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chris, I like it. Very original, and the wood contrast is excellent. I like the angles near the nip and finial, something is lacking in the center, IMHO. Did you put it together without a clip? Use a scroll saw for the cuts??
Dave:)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Thanks, Dave...
I put it together with the clip, but I guess it's an 'inexpensive' kit as the clip broke off with little handling :-? I used a 1/4" blade on the bandsaw...probably could get tighter fittings with a scroll saw..more experimenting to do :)

cskipper

Cathy
That is so cool. You guys are making such cool pens that I'm kind of afraid to make one out of just plain old wood :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors