Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlp2147

New User
Mike
I am hoping someone can help me and post a couple of photo's of some examples of quartersawn red oak and quartersawn white oak.
I'm looking for a comparisson of the two so I can try and make a decsion on which I'd like to settle on for my A&C tables.

Thanks for helping,
Mike

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Argh!
I looked and can't find the recent posting that had some outstanding pictures and information that would fit this. Anyone?

mlp2147

New User
Mike
CaptnA,
I know you all get asked questions like this a million times from us newbs, I looked back through the Wood section here in the forums back to last year and couldn't find anything. Maybe it is in another section or I overlooked it. Thanks for bringing up the thread question though.

decibel,
Thanks for the link. It does show some good examples in there.

I guess all in all the look I'm going for I'm gonna end up going with white.

Thanks!
Mike:eek:ccasion1

rococojo

New User
Dr joseph hemingway
Hi, I need to delite a photo in the gallery to add another? can anyone assist me on this? Please
thanks
rococojo

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi, I need to delite a photo in the gallery to add another? can anyone assist me on this? Please
thanks
rococojo

Hi there Joseph.

Fairly straight forward.

1.) Click on the picture in your gallery that you want to delete.

2.) In the Photo Options menu in the upper right corner, tab down to Edit Photo and click-it.

3.) It will open a new window.

4.) down near the bottom of the screen you should see 'If you want to delete this image completely, check this box'. Check the box to the right of this messege, hit submit changes and your picture will be history.

HTH

Wayne

rococojo

New User
Dr joseph hemingway
Hi Wayne, thank you for your quick responce, amazingly easy if one knows the answer.
Thanks again.
rococojo

09woodie22

New User
Gabe
Mike,

Just a quick comment or two... have used both white and red oak for a&c furniture. Red is a little more split prone than white. White works best in damp conditions because the grain is closed (if I'm remembering this correctly); but that also makes it a little harder to get evenly stained! Overall, you can't go wrong either way. Giddyup!!!

rococojo

New User
Dr joseph hemingway
Hi every one, I can now Delete & Post successfully? I will no doubt ask again if I get stuck? Thanks for the quick info.
For I realise we all get stuck from Time to Time!

Kind Regards
Rococojo (Joseph Hemingway:rotflm:

mlp2147

New User
Mike
Mike,

Just a quick comment or two... have used both white and red oak for a&c furniture. Red is a little more split prone than white. White works best in damp conditions because the grain is closed (if I'm remembering this correctly); but that also makes it a little harder to get evenly stained! Overall, you can't go wrong either way. Giddyup!!!

Thanks for the input. I'm planning on working with both in the future so I'll post pics when I get the wood and start moving through my projects.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS