Photo upload seems to be broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
Evidently there has been a software upgrade,and not a good one! The upload page interface has been changed, and is more awkward to use. Site response seems to have slowed down! The "photo processing page" following the upload doesn't even show up! After entering upload, the site software takes me directly to the gallery, and no new photos are present!

I tried uploading twice, same result!

In the past, the software always presented the processing page after the initial upload, to allow editing of the individual captions, etc; after that, pressing the button to finish put the pix right in the album and took me there. The photos would be there, immediately!

What happened?

regards, johnpipe

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Johnpipe, I'm not aware of any recent software changes to the Photo Upload. The switch to Flash Uploader was completed in early June.

The steps start with "Upload Photos" from the main page or "Upload Photos" from a "My Albums" Album.

Then you get the first Upload Page. Near the bottom of the middle box, you will see a button "Select Files for Uplaod" which is just below the line that reads "Allow members to post comments?".

That button should open a file selection tool to pick one or more files from your local computer.

After that, the photos are uploaded. Once they are completed, you click the "Upload/Submit" button.

That takes you to the Processing Page, which you then can choose which of the uploaded pictures you wish to Process.

I just ran some tests, and it appears to be "working".

If thats not working for you, then could you try to copy and paste the output at the bottom of the Upload Page? You will see a large white box with text in it that starts with "---SWFUpload Instance Info---"

These are the debugging messages from the upload tool.

I don't think you will be able to get to these messages after you click on "Upload/Submit".

Thanks,
Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
For the fourth time! UPLOAD/SUBMIT! "Preparing to process image list" -- Then NO PROCESSING PAGE! DIRECT TO THE GALLERY AS USUAL, NO PHOTOS UPLOADED!

FWIW, the script is pasted below.

Why does it work for you and not for me?

John

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 (VectorLinux package)

---SWFUpload Instance Info---
Version: 2.2.0 2009-03-25
Movie Name: SWFUpload_0
Settings:
upload_url: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/upload.php
flash_url: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/js/swfupload.swf?preventswfcaching=1249418420255
use_query_string: false
requeue_on_error: false
http_success:
assume_success_timeout: 0
file_post_name: Filedata
post_params: [object Object]
file_types: *.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.gif;*.cr2;*.JPG;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.avi;*.asf;*.wmv;*.mov
file_types_description: Image & Movie Files
file_size_limit: 195 MB
file_upload_limit: 250
file_queue_limit: 0
debug: true
prevent_swf_caching: true
button_placeholder_id: spanButtonPlaceHolder
button_placeholder: Not Set
button_image_url: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/images/XPButtonUpload.png
button_width: 160
button_height: 22
button_text: <span class="theFont">Select Files for Upload</span>
button_text_style: .theFont { font-family: verdana,geneva; font-size: 12px; }
button_text_top_padding: 1
button_text_left_padding: 5
button_action: -110
button_disabled: false
custom_settings: [object Object]
Event Handlers:
swfupload_loaded_handler assigned: false
file_dialog_start_handler assigned: false
file_queued_handler assigned: true
file_queue_error_handler assigned: true
upload_start_handler assigned: true
upload_progress_handler assigned: true
upload_error_handler assigned: true
upload_success_handler assigned: true
upload_complete_handler assigned: true
debug_handler assigned: true

SWF DEBUG: SWFUpload Init Complete
SWF DEBUG:
SWF DEBUG: ----- SWF DEBUG OUTPUT ----
SWF DEBUG: Build Number: SWFUPLOAD 2.2.0
SWF DEBUG: movieName: SWFUpload_0
SWF DEBUG: Upload URL: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/upload.php
SWF DEBUG: File Types String: *.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.gif;*.cr2;*.JPG;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.avi;*.asf;*.wmv;*.mov
SWF DEBUG: Parsed File Types: jpg,jpeg,png,gif,cr2,jpg,mpeg,mpg,avi,asf,wmv,mov
SWF DEBUG: HTTP Success: 0
SWF DEBUG: File Types Description: Image & Movie Files (*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.gif;*.cr2;*.JPG;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.avi;*.asf;*.wmv;*.mov)
SWF DEBUG: File Size Limit: 204472320 bytes
SWF DEBUG: File Upload Limit: 250
SWF DEBUG: File Queue Limit: 250
SWF DEBUG: Post Params:
SWF DEBUG: PHPSESSID=c23e50a57ca49254fbf58b1e014fd096
SWF DEBUG: userid=1396
SWF DEBUG: ----- END SWF DEBUG OUTPUT ----
SWF DEBUG:
SWF DEBUG: Event: fileDialogStart : Browsing files. Multi Select. Allowed file types: *.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.gif;*.cr2;*.JPG;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.avi;*.asf;*.wmv;*.mov
SWF DEBUG: Event: fileDialogComplete: File Dialog window cancelled.
SWF DEBUG: StartUpload: First file in queue
SWF DEBUG: StartUpload(): No files found in the queue.
SWF DEBUG: Event: fileDialogStart : Browsing files. Multi Select. Allowed file types: *.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.gif;*.cr2;*.JPG;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.avi;*.asf;*.wmv;*.mov
SWF DEBUG: Select Handler: Received the files selected from the dialog. Processing the file list...
SWF DEBUG: Event: fileQueued : File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Event: fileDialogComplete : Finished processing selected files. Files selected: 1. Files Queued: 1
SWF DEBUG: StartUpload: First file in queue
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadStart : File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: PHPSESSID=c23e50a57ca49254fbf58b1e014fd096
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: userid=1396
SWF DEBUG: ReturnUploadStart(): File accepted by startUpload event and readied for upload. Starting upload to http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/upload.php for File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress (OPEN): File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress: File ID: SWFUpload_0_0. Bytes: 190824. Total: 190824
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadSuccess: File ID: SWFUpload_0_0 Response Received: true Data:
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadComplete : Upload cycle complete.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 (VectorLinux package 2.0.0.12-1vl58)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I am able to recreate the same behavior you are reporting.

Can you confirm you are first clicking on the "Select Files for Upload" before clicking on the "Upload/Submit" button?

Thanks,
Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I am able to recreate the same behavior you are reporting.

Can you confirm you are first clicking on the "Select Files for Upload" before clicking on the "Upload/Submit" button?

Thanks,
Jim

Yes, and to penta-check, I'm going step-by-step again, right now:

"member galleries" is default in the first drop-down list.

selected album, "johnipe108-cannons" from second list.

put some text in each of the three text-boxes.

press "select files for upload" -- local file-open dialog appears, selected file, press 'OK".

Back to the upload screen: "1 file uploaded." appears to the right of the "select files for upload" button (after a bit of text-activity, displayed in the same space).

"Upload/Submit" button pressed.

"Preparing to process image list" box and screen appear.

"Your image was uploaded successfully!" appears in the box.

back at the gallery again! No intermediate processing page appears, as it should.

John
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 (VectorLinux package 2.0.0.12-1vl58)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Dang, got a puzzle here.

I'll keep digging.

The behavior you see is what happens if no photos have been uploaded, and you click on Upload/Submit.

I am able to upload files into your gallery, so I don't think thats the issue.

For my sanity, could you post the exact filename you are trying to upload? I run linux too, and the flash uploader is very picky about the upper/lower case thing.

Thanks,
Jim

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
Dang, got a puzzle here.

I'll keep digging.

The behavior you see is what happens if no photos have been uploaded, and you click on Upload/Submit.

I am able to upload files into your gallery, so I don't think thats the issue.

For my sanity, could you post the exact filename you are trying to upload? I run linux too, and the flash uploader is very picky about the upper/lower case thing.

Thanks,
Jim

file:///home/johnpipe/My_Documents/woodworking/woodpix/Models-bookshelf-dscf1243.jpg

opened from the "File" menu on my browser, so it uses the same file-open dialog to upload the file by name.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I've done an experiment and maybe have a clue.

I'm in my "daily desktop" (RH6.x w/ netscape 7.02 and no flash). The uploader detects no flash and uses the respective loader; no problem, pix load. I don't normally use this partition for pix as the 2.2.x kernels don't support USB mass storage for camera mounting; I normally upload from VL5.8.

I probably haven't tried uploading before the flash uploader was installed/upgraded (whichever the case may be), so never encountered it in Firefox under VL5.8 before; when I next get into that partition I'll check Firefox and see if I can turn off the flash as that does seem to be the problem area. Could it be a browser/flash version issue? I can also try seamonkey and see if that changes anything.

I don't expect to be able to try that until tomorrow.

regards 'till then,

johnpipe
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmmm, sounds like a great lead.

I've been using the adobe flash plugin. Its possible that VL uses one of the other open source flash plugins. Which, might have some sort of extra options dealing with file access?

I could see that as being a nice security setting to offer.

Still not finding anything on our side, but our logging is not exhaustive.

Thanks,
jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I've just tried seamonkey 1.1.9, and get the same failure symptoms; I can't find anything yet under preferences or tools, so I don't know where or how to disable flash, but that's the problem, flash loader just isn't working here on either browser.

I looked at firefox, and can't find flash controls there either, so I don't find a means to disable it in either browser.

I've therefore had to copy my pix to my 2.2 partition, and will have to re-boot and upload from there.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080313 SeaMonkey/1.1.9

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmmm, so we are getting closer.

I suspect you will find that your OS has added "Totem" as the plugin to play flash (and other multimedia). I'm digging around to see if totem plugins could be the issue.

As seamonkey is mozilla based, I'm gonna guess you can try this:

Tools -> Add-ons, Then click the Plugins icon/tab

For my install of the adobe flash plugin, I see "Shockwave Flash". You might need to look for the totem flash plugin, notsure what its named.

I'm running 10.0.r22 version of adobe.

There is also an option to disable the plugin in this window.

It might help us to know what flash plugin you are using and what version its at.

Thanks,
Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS