Pfafftown - Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl the pearl

New User
Earl
Hello to all:

I have recently returned to NC about a month ago and shall we say was pushed into retirement. The good news is that we are back in NC and close to the granddaughter and loving every minute of it. I have not set up my shop here yet as it will be in the garage and it has been way to hot plus there have been other things to to getting into the new house.

I have been a member of several wood working groups and would like to join a local group or help start one. If there is a group in the Winston-Salem area please let me know or if anyone is interested in helping start one lets get together.

I am interested in learning new things and sharing what I know with others. One of the groups that I was a member of got together once a month for a workshop, usually at one of the members shops and we learned a new technique or did a project.

Any was I have been doing mostly small projects making keepsake boxes, Shaker boxes and trays and dong Intarsia. If anyone lives near by I would love to see your shop and what you are doing.

Earl

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Earl,

I live north of you near Mt. Airy. There are several members near Winston and in Greensboro and the surrounding areas.

Barbara Forman and I have been trying to get a group started. We hope to meet once a month for lunch/planning and also do some shop work or workshops.

Hope to meet you soon and let me know if you need any help on the forums or in the shop.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW, Earl!:eusa_danc

Glad to see you join us and share in some of the woodworking fun around NC. We are pretty much spread out from the coast to the mountains and all share a common interest in tearing up wood.

We look forward to your future posts and by all means , post some pictures of some of your work.

Have fun 'round here!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Earl. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap As Mike stated, there are several members in your area. Whatever the circumstances, I'm glad that you are back in NC and close to your granddaughter. And of course, that you found this site. It's great to have you here. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome back to NC, Earl, and to this great site. As Mike said, he and Barbara are trying to get a Triad group together that could meet regularly and enjoy our common interest. I'm kinda lurking on the outside waiting for them to do all the work so I can then enjoy the fruits of their labor. :gar-La; Keep an eye on these forums for a post announcing a lunch, usually in Greensboro at the Farmer's Market. Some of us occasionally get together just to meet and chat.

Bill

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Earl. I am 20 minutes or so west of Pfafftown, down Yadkinvile Rd, aka Old (US Hwy) 421. There are a few other NCWW'ers in Pfafftown and Clemmons.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I have been a member of several wood working groups and would like to join a local group or help start one. If there is a group in the Winston-Salem area please let me know or if anyone is interested in helping start one lets get together.

Oh Earl, do I have a job for you:gar-La;

Welcome to our gang. As has been mentioned, a few of us here in the Triad are wanting to develop a regional meeting group. Your input would sure be appreciated.:icon_thum

Barbara

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I also live in Pfafftown. I dont post much because of time restraints butwanted to say hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS