Pet Peeve-DC Sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Wonder why manufacturers can't settle on one size outlet as standard on todays tools? :dontknow: I mean, OK, I know that the older shop vacs had different size hoses, etc, but today, everything seems to be just different enough that nothing fits!:icon_scra

I've even got one tool, (one of my newest) that has two different size DC openings on the same tool! :help:Two inch means nothing! One is 2" EXACTLY O.D., the other is 2 3/8" OD, and some are 2 1/16 OD. Geez! Finding adapters for this is frustrating! :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Any and all suggestions are welcomed. My main concerns are tools that don't lend themselves to the big DC connection like the router table and the belt sander.

Thanks in advance.
:notworthy:

T

toolferone

been there done that, and what a pain. You might try some no hub couplers from the plumbing dept. Also, there is a new silocone self sealing tape that people are using to bridge the gap in sizes. Good luck and may the force be with you.

ralphie9

New User
Brian
Having the same problem...my Ridgid jointer outlet is the same OD as any of the 4" adapters I've found at Woodcraft, Rockler, et al....

Glennbear

Glenn
As Tom said, no hub rubber fittings with clamps (Fernco) may bail you out. By spending some time in the Sch 40 fitting aisle at the BORG I was able to find some fittings there also as evidenced by the recent router cabinet thread I posted. :wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
As Tom said, no hub rubber fittings with clamps (Fernco) may bail you out. By spending some time in the Sch 40 fitting aisle at the BORG I was able to find some fittings there also as evidenced by the recent router cabinet thread I posted. :wsmile:

Thanks, Glenn. :icon_thum I'll check it out next time I'm in Lowe's. Hope it'll fit. Sure wish these guys would standardize! :icon_scra

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I feel your pain. I recently got a Steel City chip and dust thingie... comes with a HUGE hose. My shop full of tools does not have any two that match. :BangHead:

medic

New User
john
I use an "o" ring and a couple of drops of superglue to hold it in place also sometimes have to use good ole duct tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors