Pens I did this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewing92

New User
Norm
This weekend was more practice and learning. I did two pens, won’t tell how long it took. Just say it took less time then the last so I’m getting quicker but not necessarily better.
Top one is Walnut and I wanted to see how a dark wood would look with a Gun Metal plated kit.
The other is my first attempt of a knot. It looked better bigger and lost some effect as I turned it down for a slim line kit. Although I did leave it slightly larger in the knot area. Cherry with Curly maple knot and maple and walnut segment on bottom.
Lots of fun but still having problems with CA finish. Wants to leave little holes everywhere. I know, practice, practice, practice!!!!!
Excuse the finger prints (smudge marks) on the ends of the walnut pen. Another lesson, dark colors show all.:slap:

PS: I need to work on my photography also.:BangHead:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Norm, you're really moving along with those! Good looking pens and good job on the segmentation!

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Looks great. The one thing I have learned is, time doesn't matter. It's kinda like riding a motorcycle. Why be in a hurry to there, your just gonna want to ride again when you you arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS