Pens for troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
I'm sorry for the late notice, but I just fovnd out tonight that the Harrisburg Mom's club, of which my wife is a member, is preparing a care package to send to Iraq. In years past, they have sent cookies & magazines to our troops. While talking to a sargeant over there, he said that what is really needed are letters of support and encouragement! He also promised to take it upon himself to distribute these letters to thosc who do not receive much mail.

I thought this may be a good opportunity for some of you who missed Clay's noble event...or for those who want to participate again to send a pen & letter to wish our heroes well!

Unfortunately, the package will be going out on 1/29 so I would need to receive anything by the 28th. Once again, sorry for the late notice. Please let me know ifyou are interested!

Regards,
Chris

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
:?: bump...just looking to see if there is any interest. One thing that we were told is that you can include a self addressed envelope with your letter. Since the soldiers do not have to pay postage, it is likely that you will get a response, especially if they have a pen to go with it :)

My wife had my children make valentines day cards for the troops. It's pretty interesting, because my 3 and 5 yr old are wanting to write questions in hopes that they receive a response. Some of the things they have asked are: How do you keep us safe (since we keep telling them that the soldiers are protecting us)? What do you eat? Where do you live? etc...etc. I believe that a letter like that would really touch my heart if I were over there...I know one or two of you on this board have a child. :) Actually, I wish we did have more time, as I know it is last minute. You do, however, have several days, still, to get something together.

Regards,
Chris

clowman

Clay Lowman
This is a good idea Chris. I will see if I can get my kids to make up some cards. I know my oldest son (4 years) loves to make cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS