Pen volume 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Well I started on some of the new blanks I got on vacation. I was nervous the acrylics would be harder, but it turned fine, smelled a little though. Jim

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Forgot pic! Jim

Attachments

• Pens Blue5.JPG
    Pens Blue5.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 145

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jim, how did you like those long curly strands that come off the acrylics and wrap themselves around the mandrel and everything else????:roll: Any pics of the pens, so we can believe that you really did turn them :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey you slipped that in while I was posting :lol: :lol:

Great looking pen, I like the color, and the kit's plating goes very well with it. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Loved the curly long strand, like trying too turn a pen while in a blinding snow storm, had to stop often to check the shape. I got used too the smell after a while, put on a Doors album and a lava lamp, it was like building models when i was 12! Jim

clowman

Clay Lowman
I thought those long strands were pretty cool at first. Then after getting them wound up on everything in the garage, they stopped being so cool. Can't deny they look good when finished though. Nice pen.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I got used too the smell after a while, put on a Doors album and a lava lamp, it was like building models when i was 12! Jim

All you need is Dave's tie dyed back drop :new_color in your shop and you would have been all set. Nice pen by the way. :eusa_clap I have one I am going to turn for my daughter. Any suggestions on turning acrylic?

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I like the pattern in the blank, what type is it?
About those strands.
That's the beauty of cutting things up and glueing back together, no strands, just chips:-D .

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Eagle, The blank was from Rockler it's called Pearl Violet #28386 and the pen kit was a Woodcraft kit 7mm CR style with gold clip #124642

Mike, The one tip I did heed when turning Acrylic was using sharp tools and wet sand type sanding kit. I'm used too that type of sanding from my old car restoration days, works great and brought up a fast polish without any burn. Thanks for the great feed back, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS