Panasonic cordless drills

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
My PC 14.4 drills are fading fast and since 3 of my 4 batteries are toast, I can't see spending any more money on them by buying new batteries. I am looking at the 15.6v panasonic model and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I would also price a rebuild of batteries by Jason Able over at Battery Rebuilders. He has a new business name. I can't remember what it is now.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
and fresh brushes??? perhaps? I like the perceived durability of the panasonic, and have heard good things about them.... but have never owned any, or played with any, either. some of the guys that just did my remodel had Panasonic tools and seemed quite happy with them.

Nativespec

New User
David
I used to only buy the Craftsman or other cheap drills since I did not like the cost of the Dewalt batteries. Now I have been buying the Dewalt 18v tools since I can use the same batteries. I bought a Triton 18v drill and like the tool, but the batteries have been disappointing. The Dewalt batteries have performed well and I will probably buy the Dewalt l-ion batteries eventually.

Thanks,

David

Nativespec

New User
David
Thanks, I did not know that. I hope I am done buying tools. BTW, do you have any friends interested in buying a Woodrat?

David

Nativespec

New User
David
Joe:

You look like the guy I was speaking with in Woodcraft on Saturday 12/8?

I think we talked about Tarheel Filing and Systimatic blades.

David

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
panasonic 15.6 volt is the ONLY drill i buy these days. they are compact powerfull and the batteries last. I use these every day all day for installing hardware. this is the only drill i have found that will last beyond the warranty period without having to have some kind of repair done. I have used em all! my PC's didnt last 4 monthes before they needed repair. triggers motors batteries ect... dewally? same. bosch? same thing. craftsman? [rebadged bosch] same. all of these [and there were several of each brand] were under warranty so they were fixed for free but in my line of work I dont have time for repair shops for things that shouldnt need repair that often. have been through 8 panasonics . 2 per year. never a problem while in warrantee! after that I have had some issues like the break stopps working or the variable speed quits but these drills are used all day every day and rode hard! they get droped used as hammers and fall down stairs regularly. the PC's and dewalts are stronger but the batteries dont hold up to being charged nearly everyday. of the 8 I have given 3 away to family and friends 2 are in the shop and 1 is LOML's and the newest 2 are in the truck. none have failed to perform ever! YMMV

fred

DavidF

New User
David
panasonic 15.6 volt is the ONLY drill i buy these days. they are compact powerfull and the batteries last. I use these every day all day for installing hardware. this is the only drill i have found that will last beyond the warranty period without having to have some kind of repair done. I have used em all! my PC's didnt last 4 monthes before they needed repair. triggers motors batteries ect... dewally? same. bosch? same thing. craftsman? [rebadged bosch] same. all of these [and there were several of each brand] were under warranty so they were fixed for free but in my line of work I dont have time for repair shops for things that shouldnt need repair that often. have been through 8 panasonics . 2 per year. never a problem while in warrantee! after that I have had some issues like the break stopps working or the variable speed quits but these drills are used all day every day and rode hard! they get droped used as hammers and fall down stairs regularly. the PC's and dewalts are stronger but the batteries dont hold up to being charged nearly everyday. of the 8 I have given 3 away to family and friends 2 are in the shop and 1 is LOML's and the newest 2 are in the truck. none have failed to perform ever! YMMV

fred

If I read between the lines then, you'd recommend Panasonic:lol::lol::lol:

dozer

Mike
I've seen Fred type that post must have taken him about and hour :rolf:

I have a Panasonic in my shop and abuse them all day with Fred and the really do hold up great.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I've seen Fred type that post must have taken him about and hour :rolf:

I have a Panasonic in my shop and abuse them all day with Fred and the really do hold up great.

no fair dozer! I use 2 fingers now!:rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS