Page 11 of the New Woodcraft Magazine! (Came in the Mail today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Might recognize something on there. :)

:rolf: :icon_thum

John

I'll post pics of the page tomorrow for those who don't get the magazine. :D

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
woodguy1975 said:
Might recognize something on there. :)

:rolf: :icon_thum

John

I'll post pics of the page tomorrow for those who don't get the magazine. :D

Yeah......that autographed T-shirt does look familiar.:lol:

Seriously, great job on offering that chair up as a fund raiser John. It says you were able to raise over $1K through your efforts.:icon_thum

D L

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Are you talking about the Sam-Maloof-style occasional chair by John Richards? Good Job and a thoughtful donation! Terry

woodguy1975

New User
John
For those who havn't gotten the new WC mag yet the occasional chair that Steve Coles won at this years Klingspore's extravaganza in the Katrina releif raffel was featured in a insert with some verbage and a very cool "see jsrwoodworking.com" inclusion. :icon_thum

I got an email from the editor asking if they could include a picture and a description about the event. I figured it would be in the show off section. The insert was even better. Maybe class enrollment will go up. :lol: :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
To start, you suck, you got your copy before I did. Second, you deserve all and any recognition for your charity work with that chair. Third, great job on the two-fer in Woodcraft, I knew they liked us NCww'ers

You can't beat the free advertising you've been getting lately. Good things happen to good people, I'm glad to see you're getting the recognition you deserve :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Cool John. Well deserved. Now I have to ask a question(I always do). If you had your choice, would you quit your full time job to do this as a living if it paid the same?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
John is probably addicted, and needs both incomes to support his habit! :rolf:

John, real nice to see the recognition your hard work is getting!:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Travis Porter said:
Now I have to ask a question(I always do). If you had your choice, would you quit your full time job to do this as a living if it paid the same?

What a question, if I could make a living woodworking I would. Of course it would be nice to make a living with my normal job :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Of course with John's skills I don't see any problems with that.
Dave:)

woodguy1975

New User
John
You guys are cracking me up. :rolf: Not the best pic, but here it the blurb.

WCcolumn2.jpg

Would I go full time? Not doing pure professional work I don't think I would. Running a school coupled to a professional shop so the pro work can support the school until it gets going..... Perhaps. :D We'll see where it goes over the next couple years. :)

Thanks for the support you guys. I did try to get some verbage about NCWW in that one.

John

Last edited:

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Just wonderful and most deserved. You just can't hide quality and it is nice to at least have the chance to have it rub off on the rest us even if it is electronically. Way to go!!!!:icon_thum

Just when will they be giving you your own section in the magazine?

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Cool deal I hope my subscription that I signed up for 3 months ago will arive soon. Can I bring it to class for an autograph?........lol

hpetty

New User
Hugh
A well deserved CONGRATS John.

I don't get the mag for you to autograph, maybe I should have gotten you to sign my chair template :lol: :lol: One of these days I'm going to sign up for another class and finish that rocker.

T

toolferone

Nicely done John. :eusa_clap

Not to hijack your thread but you are not the only NCWW in the magazine. Big Mike has a beautiful lidded box in the show-off area. Are we a great group or what.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Big Mike said:
Just wonderful and most deserved. You just can't hide quality and it is nice to at least have the chance to have it rub off on the rest us even if it is electronically. Way to go!!!!:icon_thum

Just when will they be giving you your own section in the magazine?
Mike is being modest here. He has a peice in the showoff section. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap A very nice turned birch burl box after Raffin. Raffin is a great guy. I actually got to go bowling with him while up at MASW.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

woodguy1975

New User
John
toolferone said:
Nicely done John. :eusa_clap

Not to hijack your thread but you are not the only NCWW in the magazine. Big Mike has a beautiful lidded box in the show-off area. Are we a great group or what.

LOL You beat me to it. :) I posted about 16 minutes after you pointing out Mike's inclusion.

It is a great group.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Re: Page 46 of the New Woodcraft Magazine! (Came in the Mail today)

Yep, there it is on page 46.......that beautiful turned box by our own Big Mike. Congrats on your repeat in Woodcraft Mike.:eusa_clap I really enjoyed you article that was in the Offcuts section a few issues back.

Remember folks............we saw it here first at NCWW.:icon_thum

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS