P.O. Box Doors Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody

New User
Cody
I talked to a guy today that has some p.o. box doors for sale. Some are the grecian style that were available on here before. 3 5/8" by 5" and some 5 1/2" by 6 1/4" and a few 6 1/2 by 11". He also has some flying eagle in the same sizes, just not as many. He wants me to buy the whole lot, has over a hundred. I Don't want them all, but if anybody wants any, I'll see what I can get them for and if enough people do, and I can get my money back, I'll get them. Thanks

Cody

New User
Cody
It's a 4 hour round trip to go look at them. Just wanted to see how much interest before I make that trip. I know it's hard to say, without a price. I hope to know more in a day or two. I know it's $5 on the regular ones, don't know yet on the flying eagles. Trying to make a one price deal for the whole lot. Thanks

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I would be VERY interested on the flying eagles,just need to know the price.Depending on the price as to how many I would get.Also are the flying eagles # 2 doors?

Cody

New User
Cody
That's what I'm afraid of, everyone will want the flying eagles, including myself, and I'd be stuck with a lot of the others. I think he had 20 #1 flying eagle and 10 #2 flying eagle with no glass

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
The way I see it is this guy is trying to unload the cheaper ones with the purchase of the eagles,which would amount to about 70 doors that most folks can't give away.Then I guess it comes down to the price.I see the grecian style at flea markets all the time for a buck apiece or even less. :dontknow: So see what he wants for them an we'll go from there.

Cody

New User
Cody
You're probably right. I know the ones we got with the other deal on here was $2.50 for the grecian, with I thought was pretty good, but $5, I don't know if I could get rid of them, but I would like to have a few of the flying eagle. I told him I'd call him later today or tomorrow

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I am just gonna keep "listenin" to all you folkeses cause I have zero knowledge and experience with these. Maybe not as interested as b4 :gar-Bi keep teachin us ignoranuses :rotflm::rotflm:

Cody

New User
Cody
Does anyone have any idea what the flying eagles would be worth, some without glass.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Cody,I screwed up.When you first mentioned the flying eagles,the 1st thing that came to mind was the flying eagles with the double dials,the #one's can run over 20 bucks ea. real easy on ebay an the # two's up two 30 ea.These your showing here are running about 5 bucks ea or less right now,but the # two's can get up to 15 or more,depending on the bidders.Thats as high as I would go for the # two's and like said the #one's really aren't in that much of a demand.

Cody

New User
Cody
I have never seen a flying eagle for $5.00 and these won't be close to that, if I sell any. The grecians I got look wonderful also, and I have never seen them for a $1.00. I cleaned 2 of them in the solution mixture and they looked brand new.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I have no reason to mislead anyone on the value of these doors,but you ask how much they were worth and I told you.I have been buying them for over ten years and even though I don't claim to be an expert.I have learned a bit on what they go for,so that being said here is the item # on ebay for the # one's 190466295015 as for the grecians,I picked up 15 of em last summer at a flea market for 5 bucks.

davejones

New User
Dave
When you start talking about the value of something, especially something collectible, it can very subjective. For me, if I can get what I want hand delivered to my door for ~ $5 a pop, that is a good enough deal in itself. I'm not trying to make a profit, just a few gifts. Whether it's $3 on ebay + shipping or $6 hand delivered, the "actual collectible value" is not going to make much of a difference to me.

Just my $0.02

Cody

New User
Cody
These darn doors are going to get me in trouble. We bought an antique table and cane ladderback chairs at an estate sale last year and had them in the storage building. We just got them out last week and was going to clean and polish them in the workshop before putting them in the house, anyway I was going to mix up the ammonia and pepsi mix to clean the p.o. boxes. I put 2 cups of ammonia in a bowl and went to the fridge to get a pepsi, the bowl had a hole in it and leaked on the chair, one of the ones with arm rest. Peeled the paint right off. The cane seat looks rough too. Hosed it with water and been in the sun all day to dry. Ammonia looks like it would be a great paint remover

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Dang Cody,thats a bummer,hope you can get them fixed up without to much trouble (or expense) didn't get those PO doors from a place called murphys law firm did ya :gar-La; OOPS sorry :embaresse

Cody

New User
Cody
Yea, must have. My wife was just talking the other day about how much she liked those chairs. Well, maybe all but one now. She doesn't know yet. It won't surprise her, I could tear up an anvil in a rubber room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS