Outdoor sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Somebody wants me to join a few 2x8s so they can make an outdoor sign for their business. They brought the wood by this afternoon... untreated pine :dontknow:. Anywho... I figure I'll joint the boards and then use double stacked #20 biscuits and TB III. Whatch'all think? :eusa_thin

DaveO

New User
DaveO
With a good coat of paint it should last as long as the business will. What do they plan to do with the slab after its joined together? If it's going to be routed a double biscuit joint might get in the way. An edge long grain to long grain joint doesn't need any reinforcements, except to help with alignment. TBIII or any other modern woodworking glue will give you a bond stronger than the wood itself.

Dave:)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That'll work, the big thing to make it last will be a good coat or two of Kilz and three or four coats of industrial enamel.

I used to buy a lot of Sherwin-Williams when I was in the sign business. I went back home a couple weeks ago and there are still signs there that I painted 30 years ago. Faded but still readable and not rotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors