[Other-Main Site] OT Forum???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I locked it and I'm not even sure why:gar-Bi

The forum is being re-evaluated. It has caused some problems and anger between members and I am trying to decide if it is worth all the turmoil and negative emotions :argue:it sometimes causes.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Awww man. :wsad: I loved that forum. I'd love to be able to post tons of stuff about projects that I'm working on, but I don't have a shop right now, so I don't get to make much sawdust. :roll: Plus I was going to post a non-tool-related gloat about my new house. :no: I understand you all's concern though. I'm a member of a few other forums and this one is BY FAR the friendliest one hands down. :icon_thum I've never read anything on here that I considered offensive. Anyway, I hope you guys decide to open it back up again. ;-)

Trent

nelsone

New User
Ed
It is a shame that someone felt the need to post something inappropriate. I have found very few items here that seemed that way.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
My .02 worth - Having an off topic forum is a good thing and we are always going to have someone say or do something they shouldn't have in it or one of the other forums. Don't penalize everyone for one or two peoples inappropriate action.

There, I am off of my soap box.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
The funny thing about having no OT forum, is how much of a loss I feel. This is my woodworking site, I do not belong to, or lurk on any other.But a mans got to do, what a mans got to do, and I understand that.

Jimmy:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sounds like the Moderators may have to go to a delayed posting for OT items in order to give them an opportunity for review. Lotta extra work for you guys if you do. I'm sure you'll come up with a way to make it work. But when you get upwards of the member count we have now you'll have issues like this & I'm sure you guys are thinking about what it'll be like at 5,000 members and more (i.e "Is it scalable?").:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS