[Other-Classifieds] Ads Ever Really Expire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
When an ad (for something to sell) is posted it says there is an expiration term (in days), but it seems as if they never really do expire.

Personally, I think it is a good idea to expire the old ads within some reasonable time frame. This gets rid of ads that people post (and sometimes sell), but don't come back and clean up.

Just my two cents ... :XXcompute

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I completely agree, but what are you doing looking at ads anyway? You want _more_tools? I vote we rename WGD to WWD (WoodWrangler Disease). You know. Tooleritis. Or are you trying to eliminate temptation.....

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Sounds appropriate to me! I know sometimes people forget to go back and delete the items when sold or no longer for sale. A time period would be best. Then if the item was still for sale you could relist! Some of that stuff has been there ever since I joined the forum. Is it all still for sale? For a hobbyist, used equipment or good buys is about the only time I can add to the shop! So, I keep a close look out! Now, just wishing someone would list a Fein or Festool vac!:wsmile::wsmile:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Sorry guys, I doubt if any of the staff has really paid attention. I agree the ads should expire, but at the same time, I like the idea that we have a history of the selling so people can get some idea of prices, etc.

One of us will look into it and see what we can do.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Short answer for the none technical. Oh boy did I ever screw up:swoon::slap::XXcompute:XXfridge::new_blowi

For the more technical among you, there is a chron job that is supposed to run every day, if we don't allow auctions and every 10m min, if we do. I assumed that the job was installed automatically using vbulletin scheduling mechanism. It isn't since the the software is not really part of vBulletin. I suspect a similar issue with the Photo gallery.:cry_smile:cry_smile

I am very sorry.

Actually setting this up will probably only take a few minutes. But I want to make sure I understand what will really happen before I do. I'll make an announcement about what the changes in behaviour before I actually turn on the task.

Also I want to explore some other changes at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS