Ordered Some Stuff Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
http://www.woodpeck.com/rt2432.html
http://www.woodpeck.com/tlrphenolicplate.html

I ordered the above two items today to go with my new router. A Milwaukee 5625-20. I will be building a mobile table to go under the above items. The time frame will be about two to three weeks due to down time from surgery. I will post gloats when they come in, probably on the eighth or ninth. The mobile part will take several weeks as I will be unable to go to the shop for a little while after surgery. Anyone have any ideas for a small sized mobile cabinet for a router table?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
No ideas on the cabinet (let me know what you come up with - I need something like that!), but great router "accessories". Funny how accessories often cost more than the thing they accessorize :)

TracyP

Tracy
No ideas on the cabinet (let me know what you come up with - I need something like that!), but great router "accessories". Funny how accessories often cost more than the thing they accessorize :)

It is often that accessories cost more than the TOOL they accessorize. I figure that I will have about 300.00 in the table for a 279.00 router. But that is ok as long as it works like it should. LOML has a little trouble understanding the logic behind tool and accessory purchases.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
LOML has a little trouble understanding the logic behind tool and accessory purchases.
Logic? The only "logic" is "I want it". If you want to be mean, you can follow that up with "Why, you don't want me to be happy?". :rolf:

TracyP

Tracy
Logic? The only "logic" is "I want it". If you want to be mean, you can follow that up with "Why, you don't want me to be happy?". :rolf:
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH
You are my hero, that is until I use your LOGIC
:help:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That logic doesn't work in my house. I get nasty looks and then comments about happy, go look in that shop? How many routers does it take for you to be happy? How much did that vacuum set up that just magically appeared cost? Didn't it make you happy? How is it that you are building these cabinets and as many new tools are coming in as wood for the cabinets? Happy, let me tell you about happy.

End quote......

TracyP

Tracy
That logic doesn't work in my house. I get nasty looks and then comments about happy, go look in that shop? How many routers does it take for you to be happy? How much did that vacuum set up that just magically appeared cost? Didn't it make you happy? How is it that you are building these cabinets and as many new tools are coming in as wood for the cabinets? Happy, let me tell you about happy.

End quote......
That sounds all too familiar , however in my house the tone is a little more subtle. The LOML is actually very forgiving as far as tool purchases are concerned just as long as I am smiling. I get more of a "why do you need that, you just bought one last week" type of response. Guess I got it good?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
[banana]Epiphany[/banana]
That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally. THE question. The question to end all questions. The question people have asked since the beginning of time. We already knew the answer, now we finally know the question.

"How Many Routers Does A Man Need To Be Happy?"

"42"

TracyP

Tracy
[banana]Epiphany[/banana]
That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally. THE question. The question to end all questions. The question people have asked since the beginning of time. We already knew the answer, now we finally know the question.

"How Many Routers Does A Man Need To Be Happy?"

"42"
Sounds like an infinite number to me. I really don't think I can count that high.
:rotflm::rotflm:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I knew I kept that guide around for something... now that we know the question... What happens?

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Tracey,

Are you starting to catch the same strain of WGD as Bas ? Because if it's contagious then I've got to stay away......... for now :lol:

Jimmy:)

ps. Good Luck with the surgery.

TracyP

Tracy
Tracey,

Are you starting to catch the same strain of WGD as Bas ? Because if it's contagious then I've got to stay away......... for now :lol:

Jimmy:)

ps. Good Luck with the surgery.

Yeah, I think he passed it along as a virus during a well disguised PM. I would be Leary if you get a PM from Bas. It could contain the WGD strain.

PS: Thanks for the concern about surgery.

TBone

New User
Tommy
It is often that accessories cost more than the TOOL they accessorize. I figure that I will have about 300.00 in the table for a 279.00 router. But that is ok as long as it works like it should. LOML has a little trouble understanding the logic behind tool and accessory purchases.

You're looking at this all wrong. These aren't router accessories. The router table is another new tool. They EACH need their own accessories such as bits, featherboards, sleds, guards, etc.

:rotflm:

TracyP

Tracy
You're looking at this all wrong. These aren't router accessories. The router table is another new tool. They EACH need their own accessories such as bits, featherboards, sleds, guards, etc.

That seems like a good reason to go shopping to me, Accessories for the table. After all it needs to be safe. Right?

TBone

New User
Tommy
Of course, LOYL wouldn't want you to not be as safe as possible would she???? And maybe a few accessories for the router to boot. :gar-Bi

TracyP

Tracy
Of course, LOYL wouldn't want you to not be as safe as possible would she???? And maybe a few accessories for the router to boot. :gar-Bi

Hey, I think I like your way of thinking.

:tool:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I stand corrected. I decided to retry the "you don't want me to be happy, why can't I be happy" and have been using it all day long. LOML now runs from me and is saying just buy or do whatever you want, just leave me alone!:icon_thum

Thanks Bas!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS