Ops from Oxford...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick&String

New User
Scott
...I posted to the general woodworking forum site because I didn’t see this one.

I'm Scott and I'm an art teacher who is from Oxford NC. I'm originally from PA and my father is a carpenter and cabinet maker. I have worked with him on weekends and in the summer when I was in high school but was never taught the step by step on the processes :(

I have a feeling that you guys and this forum are going to be a problem for me because I'll need to go buy a lathe, scroll saw, and a truck load of hand tools. Oh, and a good chain saw so I can go plunder from nature.

All that aside. I have loved looking at what ya'll are working on.

Dragon

New User
David
...and a table saw and a chainsaw and a..............lot more tools.:rolf:

Welcome to the site. I think you'll like it here. Lots of knowledge, experience, and innumerable talents and disciplines to draw from. :thumbs_up

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

I have a feeling that you guys and this forum are going to be a problem for me because I'll need to go buy a lathe, scroll saw, and a truck load of hand tools...

OK> I get the buy a load of tools... but what's the 'problem' part? :gar-La;

Welcome. Glad you decided to join us.

TedAS

New User
Ted
Hi Scott,
Yep we always need more tools!:wink_smil
Welcome.... yo will like it here.

I'm from PA too:thumbs_up, The Reading area.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Scott, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums.

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site! We haven't had an opportunity to seriously expose someone to WoodGuy's disease in quite awhile (heh heh heh).

sawduster

New User
Robert
Welcome to the site :icon_thum I'm not far up the road from ya !

So you need help finding some tools huh ? :eusa_thin

.......:jealous:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Scott. If you're looking for a group to help talk you into buying tools, you've found us. :rotflm: That's great that you're an art teacher. That was always my favorite class in school. Glad you could join us. :icon_thum

gdc

New User
gilbert
welcome to the site. we really ought to consider getting a bunch of us together for a tool purchasing party. another excuse for BBQ, beer and tools

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Scott!
I believe we share a common interest :tool:

welcome to the site. we really ought to consider getting a bunch of us together for a tool purchasing party. another excuse for BBQ, beer and tools

Sounds like a wonderful mix, Gilbert. Just toss in dust collection as topic of discussion :gar-Bi

Roger

Stick&String

New User
Scott

I'm game when I find some money! Beer and BBQ mix better than Beer and Power Tools! :eek:ccasion1:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors