Opinions on Laguna table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodshaper67

New User
Keith
This year I'm going to buy a new table saw for my shop. I was wondering if anyone has used the Laguna TS or TSS series table saws. I'm looking at Powermatic but seen the laguna and have never owned anything by them.I'm a mill works shop so I want something that will last .

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I looked at a couple of used TSS saws when I was in the market. They seemed to be good solid machines. The ones I looked at were missing parts that were going to bring the price up beyond what I was willing to pay for a used machine. I ended up getting a Grizzly G0623X.

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
I don't have the TSS model of tablesaw, but I do have a Laguna Pro 6' sliding table saw. I believe the TSS have a 5 horse motor which should be good to cut thick hardwoods. I have a Laguna bandsaw as well and never had a problem out of either one. You might look into the Fine Woodworking search feature to find an article they did on the TSS after it first came out. They gave good reviews for machine, the power, and fit/finish. And if you are considering the sliding table model, it makes for a sweet cross cutting machine.

robert391

New User
robert
Keith, I cannot vouch for the TSS but if it is built and handles like their band saws you should have a winner.
I would look into table saw reviews Powermatic Sawstop or Grizzley is a good bet. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
A Laguna TSS should be a great saw, however you might want to consider a K3 Winner from Hammer. Made by Felder in Austria, very strong and precise. Very similar specs to the Laguna. If you would like to try one, I just happen to have a new K3 31 x 31 in my shop in Raleigh

woodshaper67

New User
Keith
A Laguna TSS should be a great saw, however you might want to consider a K3 Winner from Hammer. Made by Felder in Austria, very strong and precise. Very similar specs to the Laguna. If you would like to try one, I just happen to have a new K3 31 x 31 in my shop in Raleigh

Phil
Thanks I will look into it.How long have you had it?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil
Thanks I will look into it.How long have you had it?
I have had it about five weeks now and I am very happy with it. One hour setup time and no adjustments required and did I say how well built this is - plus I paid only about 10 % more than a pacific rim product. I think Hammer is still running a special promotional price

woodshaper67

New User
Keith
I have had it about five weeks now and I am very happy with it. One hour setup time and no adjustments required and did I say how well built this is - plus I paid only about 10 % more than a pacific rim product. I think Hammer is still running a special promotional price

Thanks Phil
I would like to check back with you in a couple of months and see if you have any new comments about the Hammer. I went on line and looked at the web site and video and it looks like I may go in their direction.I've got 3 or 4 month before I have to decide . How long did it take you to get it from the time you ordered it?
Keith

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Phil
I would like to check back with you in a couple of months and see if you have any new comments about the Hammer. I went on line and looked at the web site and video and it looks like I may go in their direction.I've got 3 or 4 month before I have to decide . How long did it take you to get it from the time you ordered it?
Keith

I ordered the saw around December 10 and the saw arrived at my house on Jan 6. The Felder/Hammer folks have called twice just to make sure I was satisfied. Once the day after it was delivered to ask if I had any setup questions and then again last week after I had been using it for about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS