OK, whadja git for Christmas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleng

New User
allen
WOW,some of you guys must have been REALY good last year.i got 2 pair of warm socks and a new pair of jeans:eusa_danc.now my feet will stay warm on those cold days at work,and my coworkers will appreciate the fact that i no longer have to wear pants with holes in em anymore:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I went on the hunt for a jointer in my price range the day after Christmas, but none to be had. No one had the one I wanted. Unwilling to go home empty handed, I got a Delta 12 1/2" planner. The thing is sweet!! Only problem is no dust collection port. "A sweepin' I will go, a sweepin' I will go..."

Also hit Sears and HF for some little toys just to spend the money. Diamond stones, rivit gun, and other stuff.

If that's a Delta 22-580, you can order the dust chute for about 25 bucks and it is WELL worth it. Has a 4" port. If you can't find one, let me know. I might be able to "help."

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Well, while I definitely wasn't as good as Scott or Jeremy, I did get a few things.

Veritas shoulder plane, Veritas 38" straight edge, Wixey digital gauge (gift to myself) and my very own autographed DVD from our friend Roy Underhill.

I was also told that I would be getting to view a taping of the Woodwright's Shop later this year. Kind of stoked about that.

tv

Attachments

• shoulder plane.jpg
    shoulder plane.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 138
J

jeff...

I made a good haul...

Momma in law gave me a Wixey digital height guage for the tablesaw and shaper/router table.

LOML gave me a resaw fence, and a set of manual tire changing tools (yes, I know that most of you wouldn't be excited by the tire tools but I was - I like to be able to fix my own equipment flat tires here on the farm). She also gave me a pair of 12" carbide circular saw blades for the tablesaw, and some aluminum Ridgid pipe wrenches!

I'm almost ashamed to admit that the Festool fairy visited me earlier in the month though...

Scott

Festool fairy - Does that fairy wear boots have gray hair, beard and wears farm clothes? If so he gave me this
attachment.php

- which is now all gone :-(

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Okay, I got a Work Sharp 3000 for my gift. I could choose only one thing and I actually chose a WC Gift Card. BUT...the LOML gave me what I was saving for instead. I have tried it on all my chisels, but am waiting until I have a full day off to try out the thing on my plane irons. All I can say is the only thing you want to accompany this sharpener is an angle checker. I am getting the leather wheel soon as well. Everything I sharpen with it comes out really, really sharp.

Attachments

• WorkSharp 3000.jpg
    WorkSharp 3000.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Scary Sharp.jpg
    Scary Sharp.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 135

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Forgive my late reply. I wanted to waits until I could give you the full monty:
two Jet roller stands and a SignPro kit. I forgot I needed a plunge router to use the SignPro (separate post), so I waited until I scored the Milwaukee 5616-24 combo router kit (2 1/4 HP, plunge and fixed bases) for $239 delivered.

Attachments

• SignPro.jpg
    SignPro.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Router.jpg
    Router.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 162
  • JetStands.jpg
    JetStands.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 137

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Forgive my late reply. I wanted to waits until I could give you the full monty:
two Jet roller stands and a SignPro kit. I forgot I needed a plunge router to use the SignPro (separate post), so I waited until I scored the Milwaukee 5616-24 combo router kit (2 1/4 HP, plunge and fixed bases) for $239 delivered.

I had to do a double-take on the Milwauke router. The pic made the box look Gator orange!!

Nice haul on the lot. :eusa_danc

Chuck

botebum

New User
Doug
My daughters, 2 and 7, got me a set of bungee cords, a tack hammer and a tape measure with the end busted off and the tape all rolled up inside. They spent their own money and I'm very happy and very proud. All your high dollar stuff is very nice but I feel like I've got you all beat.

Doug

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
I am so glad to tell everyone my favorite gift for Christmas. I can't show off a great picture but this gift has made me a better woodworker and hopefully, a few new freinds.
My gift was the discovery of this woodworking site in December last year. I have had such a great time talking and listening to all of you. It has rekindled my love of makeing things with wood and sharing the ride with everyone.
Thanks everyone, for one great Christmas gift.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
My daughters, 2 and 7, got me a set of bungee cords, a tack hammer and a tape measure with the end busted off and the tape all rolled up inside. They spent their own money and I'm very happy and very proud. All your high dollar stuff is very nice but I feel like I've got you all beat.

Doug

Well, there's high dollar, then there's PRICELESS!! Anything from the kids is priceless. :icon_thum

Chuck

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Don't know if these qualify as gifts since I bought them myself, but what the hey. It was like christmas to me :lol::lol::lol:

Stanley Bedrock 605

2007_12020008.JPG
As received. Looks better now plus it is sporting a new hock blade and chip breaker.

Stanley bedrock 604
[IMG]http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/236/medium/2007_1230bedrock6040004.JPG
Again, pretty much as received. New blade and chipbreaker coming.

And last but not least, I decided to replace my old PC cordless drills with a Panasonic 15.6v one. Caught a deal on Amazon. Don't have a real photo but here is one from the site.

pana_drill.jpg

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS