Officially a New York homeowner

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
At least you appear to have been able to move your nice wood stash, Doug! Time, planning and patience is all on your side. Good luck; you have a lot to work with!

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Coming together Doug. Looks like a decent sized space. Should work well once set up.

Kind of surprised (not surprised, I would have too) of the wood you moved along with you. I hope the job paid the moving tab.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have been working my way through my boxes. I really need to plana nd build the internal walls. Once the studs are in place I will run the electrical and then put up plywood sheathing (which I like better than drywall). I will then hook up the air filter, Run the dust collection lines and add Lighting.
Sounds like you'll be done getting things set up by Christmas!
🤣🤣

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Doug, that looks like great space, you will have fun building out your shop. My only pearl of wisdom is don't get in a hurry...take your time. When weighing your various options we all have to deal with the reality that somethings are too costly; but don't talk yourself out of doing something with the argument it will take too much time. Enjoy the build and keep posting pictures showing your progress.

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
We closed on our new home Tuesday! the house is about 2,00 square feet. I get a large part of the basement for my shop. I estimate between 1,100 and 1,00 square feet. There is a set of Bilco doors to bring tools and wood in and out.

Our stuff is being deliver 11/8 and 9. I hope to build some internal walls and get an electrician in soon to run 110V outlets and a few 220V lines after that. This will be the largest space I have ever had. I do enjoy designing and build a shop! I will post pics.

So all of our possessions have been moved into our new house. I was too tired to take pictures so I will try to add them tomorrow. Suffice it to say that nice clean basement looks like a tornado hit it. It is going to take me a long time to sort through stuff before I can plan and add the internal walls.
Actually, all things considered, all that chaos your talk about isn't really that bad. Slow and steady will get you back up and running before you think. A lot of progress already based on your pics.
Congratulations on your new house!!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Monday we begin frming the internal walls of my basement shop. (I will take pictures). After that we add an additional fuse box, run 220v for my big machines and space 110V outlets as well. It will then be inspected and assuming it passes I will sheath the shop-sides of the wall with 3/4" plywood!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Monday we begin frming the internal walls of my basement shop. (I will take pictures). After that we add an additional fuse box, run 220v for my big machines and space 110V outlets as well. It will then be inspected and assuming it passes I will sheath the shop-sides of the wall with 3/4" plywood!
Good progress Doug.

(I assume you are receiving NY winter driving ok?)

Wayne

NYTransplant

Tim
Corporate Member
What part of NY did you land in? I was from the Hudson Valley about halfway between NYC and Albany. Not as much snow as up by the lakes.

Maybe you should change your screen name to NCTransplant 🤣

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
What part of NY did you land in? I was from the Hudson Valley about halfway between NYC and Albany. Not as much snow as up by the lakes.

Maybe you should change your screen name to NCTransplant 🤣
Doug is up near Albany. Tim, I am originally from Poughkeepsie.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Framing coming along!

Attachments

• IMG_20240206_153846.jpg
    IMG_20240206_153846.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20240206_153843.jpg
    IMG_20240206_153843.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20240206_153906.jpg
    IMG_20240206_153906.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20240206_153910.jpg
    IMG_20240206_153910.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20240206_153926.jpg
    IMG_20240206_153926.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 50

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Common pine for the studs? Not quartersawn white oak, or at least spalted maple? Philistine...
Bas they are probably the imported kind. They likely came from a far away land called North Carolina 😃.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS