official gloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
another lathe. sorry jeff... I know how this must hurt...:rolf:
dont know where i am gonna put it yet and this is the best pic i could get till i get it set some place.

fred p

Attachments

• newoldlathe.jpg
    newoldlathe.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 202
J

jeff...

Yep it's official alright - no worries over here better you than me. I do have a few big chunks of oak if you want to test the bearings on that :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Good on ya Fred!
The stand looks rock solid :icon_thum

Since you've turned to the round side I could find a place for your PM planer :eusa_whis

Ever helpful,
Roger

Last edited:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Good on ya Fred!
The stand looks rock solid :icon_thum

Since you've turned to the round side I could find a place for your PM planer :eusa_whis

Ever helpful,
Roger

but would LOYL let you keep it in the living room??:lol:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
but would LOYL let you keep it in the living room??:lol:

of coarse she would! i do whatever i please around my castle! what huh?? ouch dont hit ouch no honey ouch!!!!! didnt know she was lisnin.....:BangHead:

fred p

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
of coarse she would! i do whatever i please around my castle! what huh?? ouch dont hit ouch no honey ouch!!!!! didnt know she was lisnin.....:BangHead:

fred p

yup, I'm in charge like that too!:rolf:

J

jeff...

fred p

That lathe looks like it's sitting on some hemlock, that a hint for you Fred. You best hem it up before she locks you out. Boy that was a bad joke. I'm going to bed now...

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Fred, can you show some pics of the motor mount and stand you made for that? I have an old Dunlap lathe that looks very similar. I need to replace a couple bearings, but would like to get it up and running one of these days!

Ed

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Hey Fred, can you show some pics of the motor mount and stand you made for that? I have an old Dunlap lathe that looks very similar. I need to replace a couple bearings, but would like to get it up and running one of these days!

Ed

i didnt build the stand. it came as a package deal. the motor mount is going to change. it needs to be better aligned and stiffened up some. im gonna mount a much larger motor to use with my duplicater. i will post some pics when i get finnished upgrading. you are welcome to come by and offer suggestions!:eusa_thin i havent set the game plan yet. right now i am serching for a new spindle. it is cracked. it is fixable i think.:eusa_doh: but i would prefer to replace but parts may not be available.:cry: i can use as is with a chuck or place a nut on the threads to hold it together for using a drive spur. i have a 3 hp marathon motor from an old compressor that i may use. also got a 4 horse motor the i think needs a capacitor. ive only had a day to think this through sooooo...............

fred p

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
sounds like you have too many [STRIKE]toys[/STRIKE], er tools. If you need someone th help watch them I might be able to help out!! Congrats and good luck!

nelsone

New User
Ed
:rolf:I'd love to "come by" and help you out with it! Unfortunately, my plate is a little full to make the drive out there! Please do post pics on what you do though!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
sounds like you have too many [strike]toys[/strike], er tools. If you need someone th help watch them I might be able to help out!! Congrats and good luck!

a man can never have too many tools er um toys ur was that tools? IM SOOO CONFUSED!!!!!!:rolf:

fred p

sapwood

New User
Roger
a man can never have too many tools er um toys ur was that tools? IM SOOO CONFUSED!!!!!!:rolf:

fred p

Fred,
You forgot the first rule of safety. :eusa_naug
Always wear a hard hat when receiving uh, directions from LOYL. :slap:

Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred,
You forgot the first rule of safety. :eusa_naug
Always wear a hard hat when receiving uh, directions from LOYL. :slap:

Roger