Off-Topic Forum is back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
After much deliberation and head scratching the Off-Topic Forum has been reinstated. When Steve Coles first started this site its goals/focus were primarily "where can I find locally" information and a buy-sell-trade with local woodworkers. At much urging from members the list of forums was added to. The forum list now includes many other areas of discussion. Over this site's history the membership has grown into a community of friends and close acquaintances. It is only right to have a place where these friends/acquaintances can talk about and share things that are not related to woodworking specifically. So the Off-Topic Forum was created. Since it's start the Off-Topic forum has been a necessary evil. Necessary because there should be a place to tell jokes you've heard or share stories of your family, toss some penguins, rib handsome Danish members, obsessively kid someone about spilled peach paint and just generally talk about good natured fun. The evil part comes in due to the Off-Topic Forum's all inclusive nature. If it is anything other than woodworking this is the place to post it. And that leads members to think that it's an "anything goes" type of place.
A whole lot of the success of NCWoodworker.net is related to it's policies on acceptable material to post. This is a friendly, non-confrontational site that is open to everybody regardless of race, sex, age, religion, economic class, sexual orientation, marital status and general woodworking skill level. The site's posting policy is there to make sure that everyone feels welcome and can enjoy this site without feeling targeted or insulted.
So please review the updated NCWoodworker Site Policy
and let's go back to having some fun in the Off-Topic Forum....penquin tossing anyone :gar-La;:gar-La;

I really hope that everyone can cooperate and we can keep this part of NCWW open and fun. This is a test run to see if it can, so please everybody let's keep it what it should be.

Respectfully Submitted,
DaveO
Webmaster

nelsone

New User
Ed
Glad it's back. I went overseas and it was gone when I returned. I hope everyone can maintain some decorum so it stays up this time!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
After much deliberation and head scratching the Off-Topic Forum has been reinstated. When Steve Coles first started this site its goals/focus were primarily "where can I find locally" information and a buy-sell-trade with local woodworkers. At much urging from members the list of forums was added to. The forum list now includes many other areas of discussion. Over this site's history the membership has grown into a community of friends and close acquaintances. It is only right to have a place where these friends/acquaintances can talk about and share things that are not related to woodworking specifically. So the Off-Topic Forum was created. Since it's start the Off-Topic forum has been a necessary evil. Necessary because there should be a place to tell jokes you've heard or share stories of your family, toss some penguins, rib handsome Danish members, obsessively kid someone about spilled peach paint and just generally talk about good natured fun. The evil part comes in due to the Off-Topic Forum's all inclusive nature. If it is anything other than woodworking this is the place to post it. And that leads members to think that it's an "anything goes" type of place.
A whole lot of the success of NCWoodworker.net is related to it's policies on acceptable material to post. This is a friendly, non-confrontational site that is open to everybody regardless of race, sex, age, religion, economic class, sexual orientation, marital status and general woodworking skill level. The site's posting policy is there to make sure that everyone feels welcome and can enjoy this site without feeling targeted or insulted.
So please review the updated NCWoodworker Site Policy
and let's go back to having some fun in the Off-Topic Forum....penquin tossing anyone :gar-La;:gar-La;

I really hope that everyone can cooperate and we can keep this part of NCWW open and fun. This is a test run to see if it can, so please everybody let's keep it what it should be.

Respectfully Submitted,
DaveO
Webmaster

yeh jeff already cracked that nut!:gar-La; but thanks anyhoo.:rotflm:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
FANTASTIC! GREAT NEWS!! YEA NEW OT!!
:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

NOW! HAVE YOU HEARD WHAT THOSE STUP--- WAIT!! HOLD ON!

THAT WAS THE "OLD ME!"

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

THE "OLD ME" IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!!

:gar-La;

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Could this be the reason we have had more members online tonight than the night we tried to set a record?:wink_smil

davejones

New User
Dave
This is a friendly, non-confrontational site that is open to everybody regardless of race, sex, age, religion, economic class, sexual orientation, marital status and general woodworking skill level.

Thank goodness you put that last part on there.... I thought I was gonna be forced to leave!!! :rotflm:

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
So, off topic is back. Woo Hoo!!

I wonder though, when off topic was shut down there was this mandatory requirement that we read the site rules again before we could move on to the home page. But, reinstatement time comes and you bury this on page 6. Why wasn't it again mandatory?

Also, is my signature OK or should I change it?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So, off topic is back. Woo Hoo!!

I wonder though, when off topic was shut down there was this mandatory requirement that we read the site rules again before we could move on to the home page. But, reinstatement time comes and you bury this on page 6. Why wasn't it again mandatory?

Also, is my signature OK or should I change it?

Because I find that annoying. Your sig is OK, but you avatar really doesn't look like a big dog...you need a Rotty or German Shepard :gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Dave:)

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Far out...somewhere to toss penguins at handsome Danish people.

'Course, being half-Danish myself, I should get a "boomer-quin"...or "Penqua-rang"?

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Because I find that annoying. Your sig is OK, but you avatar really doesn't look like a big dog...you need a Rotty or German Shepard :gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Dave:)

My Westies are the biggest dogs in my world. My wife would be lost without them!! The youngest got her first mouse today. I'm a proud Dad!!!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Dave,

First of all, we don't need the OT column to mention peach paint because everyone seems to work it into any thread in any forum:gar-La;.

Second....well..... there is no second.

Everyone have a PEACHY day !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS