North Carolina Woodworker, Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
On July 16th, North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. became a legal entity in the state of North Carolina.

From section 4:

The purposes for which this corporation is organized are to promote and provide education, communication, collaboration, and other services ancillary and reasonably related to the learning and practice of the art and craft of woodworking. The corporation shall exist and operate exclusively for charitable, educational, scientific, and/or literary purposes.

In furtherance of its purposes set forth above, and to the extent necessary to carry out such purposes, the corporation shall have all the powers given to and possessed by a North Carolina Nonprofit Corporation Act
Well that's exciting:nah::no::rotflm: but what does that mean?:dontknow:
For you the members or lurkers of this site, not really too much. It does, however, mean some changes for the advisory panel and myself. And, it will mean some minor changes in our policies and probably a few more policies. Almost all of these changes will be to make sure we get and maintain our "non-profit" status.

Another thing that is important to note, is that www.ncwoodworker.net is NOT what has been incorporated. www.ncwoodworker.net is a service of the newly formed corporation.

Since we are now a non-profit corporation, does that your donations are tax-deductible. Not necessarily, we have to make application and get it approved by the IRS.

Why have I chosen to do this? Because ncww has become something bigger than my initial desire to share some localized ww info. It needs to be able to continue to operate with, or without me. That really means two things. First, there needs to be people with the responsibility to legally continue its operation. Second, it needs to become financially independent.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
This is more testament to all the hard work, expense and long term thinking that goes on behind the shiny curtains.

You are a wizard in the Oz of ones and zeros.

Thanks again!

DavidF

New User
David
That's certainly a big step for us! well done to all who did the donkey work required to get it done - Party anyone!!!

sawduster

New User
Robert
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

[pie]
Ohh Yeah !!
[/pie]

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congratulations Steve, it's an Inc! Although I'm wondering in which category most of my postings fall....."charitable, educational, scientific, and/or literary purposes", none of these seem to match :)

Oh, wait a minute, it's scientific. "Hey y'all, watch this!"

sapwood

New User
Roger
We are INC :eusa_danc
Official Born On Date 7-30-2008 :eek:ccasion1
Thanks for providing the vision for NCWWer, Papa Smurf. May it live long after we are gone :icon_thum

Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
We are INC :eusa_danc
Official Born On Date 7-30-2008 :eek:ccasion1
Thanks for providing the vision for NCWWer, Papa Smurf. May it live long after we are gone :icon_thum

Roger
Actually born on date July 16th. I only got notified yesterday.

FYI, we now have a tax id, a checking account, debit card, and in a couple one or 2 CC.:swoon::swoon: Tomorrow I meet with the lawyer again, to discus more details of organization, bylaws, etc. I haven't scheduled the accountant yet to do the stuff needed for the IRS.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Well alrightie then!
Mr Steve, congratulations to you~
The idea you spawned has certainly continued to grow by leaps and bound!
Just scant years ago it was a fledgling notion, and perhaps you wondered if indeed it might ever survive much less get off the ground and amount to anything.
It has thrived and continues to flourish and now has a legal status and all the proprieties/amenities that come with that status.
I, as a member of the community that stems from your idea, who take particular delight and gain knowledge in and from the same, thank you sir!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Congratulations Steve - job well done:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thanks for all that you have done for your fellow woodworkers

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
WoW I work for two non-profits and a member of a third.No wonder I'm always broke:BangHead::BangHead::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:. CONGRATS Steve!:icon_thum And thanks for all your hard work.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congratulations to NCWWer:eek:ccasion1 and many, many thanks to Steve and his elves for making this all possible!:notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors