Next Triad shop visit and dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
When we got together for lunch last week we talked about whether we wanted to do another shop visit and dinner. After the great time we had at Judi and Steve's (Fleminggourds) shop in February, the answer was a definite YES!

So here's the plan: Saturday, April 16, from 4:00 till 6ish, at my shop just outside the thriving metropolis of Liberty, NC. We agreed to make this a "Pot Luck" dinner, w/ everyone bringing something. Last time Judi did most of the cooking, and it was great. But unlike Judi, I'm no cook. :no: Here's what we have so far: Mike Davis has offered to make a big ole pot of chili, and I'll bring the banana pudding (sure hope I can sweet talk my wonderful wife into making it again :wink_smil). If you plan on joining us and want to bring a dish, PM me w/ what you'll be bringing and I'll keep a list. Hopefully we won't wind up w/ too many of the same thing. Here are the four categories: main dish, side dish, desert, and other (salad, appetizer, beverages, ice, etc.). I'll handle the plates, cups, napkins, and silverware.

This is an informal group and anyone who wants to come is more than welcome. Hope to see you here.

Bill

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks for hosting and posting this :gar-Bi

I put it on my calendar. I'll ponder my dish and let you know:wink_smil

Barbara

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Bill,
Sounds great, and thanks for agreeing to have this. Unfortunately I will be out of town that weekend. Linda's college class is having their 50th reunion.
Hope I can catch the next one
Jim in Mayberry

Rob

New User
Rob
It's on the calendar, I'll ask the wife next time I see her and see if she can do a desert that everyone likes since we won't be making the picnic this year.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Sorry to have to miss it Bill. We have a TWA workshop that day. Hope to make the next one.

bobby g

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Rob, if you mention the desert Susan is famous for, we may have an overflow crowd. Yee Haw! :icon_cheers

Bob, sorry you can't make it this time. Next time we have another mid-week lunch in Greensboro, why don't you meet me here and we can go to the lunch together. Then we can come back here and tour the shop.

Berta, macaroni salad and cornbread sounds pretty good to me. :eusa_danc

See y'all on the 16th.

Bill

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
"Bob, sorry you can't make it this time. Next time we have another mid-week lunch in Greensboro, why don't you meet me here and we can go to the lunch together. Then we can come back here and tour the shop."

Sounds like a plan!

bobby g

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm making my "cowboy chili" for this one. Not hot, just simple like they would make on the trail. Cook a beef shoulder roast till it falls all to pieces, add beans, onions, garlic and chili powder.

For those who like the spice I bring extra chili flakes, 120,000 scoville cayenne powder, Jalapeno slices and green chili sauce.

:gar-Cr :kamahlitu :gar-Cr

If you eat all that and don't sweat you ain't human. :rotflm:

I repeat the chili is not hot, just the stuff you can add to it.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Now we're gettin' there. So far we have Mike's "cowboy chili", Rob's (actually Susan's) mystery desert, my (wife's) banana pudding, and Berta's macaroni salad and cornbread. Mix all that w/ a lot of sawdust (my shop is full of it) and it sounds like a good time to me. :gar-La;

Remember, this invitation is wide open to everyone. You don't have to live in the Triad area to come.

Bill

b4man

New User
Barbara
As I watch the menu progress I'm thinking a spiral ham w/ yeast rolls might be a good addition so
that's what I'll bring:wink_smil

Barbara

decibel

New User
Patrick
Touche Mike. I'd love to make the trip up north but if I did my wife's foot would make a trip down south if you get my drift :rotflm:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Touche Mike. I'd love to make the trip up north but if I did my wife's foot would make a trip down south if you get my drift :rotflm:
Why not bring her w/ you, and that cute kid in your avatar. We eat pretty good around here. :icon_cheers

Barbara, a spiral ham w/ yeast rolls sounds great. I just have one special request for everybody: if there are leftovers, you have to take them home. I love to eat way too much to have all that food laying around. And like scraps of wood, I just can't bring myself to throw anything out. :rotflm:

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just a reminder for those who have signed up, and anyone else who would like to participate: it's this coming Saturday! Hope to see you there. :eusa_danc

Bill

SgtSnafu

Libraries
Scotty
Barring any unforeseen circumstances I will be there.. Duno what dish yet, will let ya know soon...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Directions to the shop have gone out by PM for those who indicated they are coming. If you are planning on coming but didn't get the PM, please let me know and I'll make sure you get directions.

Here's the menu: Cowboy chili, spiral cut ham, macaroni salad, potato salad, rolls, cornbread, cheesecake squares, banana pudding, drinks, and at least one more side dish, but we don't know what it is yet.

And if you haven't signed up and decide you might like to come, just let us know. See you Saturday. :eek:ccasion1

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors