Newbie from Murphy, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadRunner

New User
Henri
Sorta new to NC, came here in May. Love the area..... Currently building a garage/workshop, 32 x 30, with ample space for a shop and vehicles. Garage about 90% complete, just some siding in the back that did not get done before the good weather went south...

Workshop under construction, most tools in place, some benches completed. Current project is dust collector and ductwork....

Like to network with other members nearby..... Always looking for ideas and projects...

Shop pictures will follow once 'we' are a bit more presentable.....

Looking forward to contacts...

Thx, Henri

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Murphy huh? i grew up out in the Ranger community, generally tell folks murphy cause i'm lucky if they've heard of that.

welcome to the board and the area, even though i reside in charlotte now.

there's a few members over your way.

check out the folkschool they have a "resident" discount i was reading about online.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome Henri, glad you decided to join! As for being presentable... :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome aboard! There are advantages of showing the "less presentable" (according to you) first - then we'll be impressed with how for you've come when you post more current pictures - lol!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Henri!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Not sure if many of us really know what a presentable workshop would look like!!:gar-La;:gar-La; To me anyway, unless I have to move a piece of lumber or roll away a stationary tool to make my way across the room...............well it just ain't fun anymore and the LOML says I need more exercise.

Have fun around here and stay safe around those power tools!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Henri. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your shop and your input on the site. :icon_thum

Rob

New User
Rob
Welcome, Murphy is one of my favorite places in NC. Wish I could make a living up there and move.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Welcome, it's nice to have another WNC member. If you get to Asheville, give us a call. We have a pretty good group who meet once a month led by McRabbet

RoadRunner

New User
Henri
OK before you send the picture police, I'll take a couple tomorrow and get them posted.... I get the hints......
Henri

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hello Henri - welcome to the site! Glad you found us.
Always good to have people from the Western part of the state, and you are certainly west!
Look forward to seeing your work.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Glad you found NCWW, Henri. Plenty of pics here, but feel free to add your own. Always something going on in here.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Welcome from a rookie. Make yourself at home. I know some mighty fine folks from the Murphy area. If you're anything like them you are what I call good people!

Kettrell

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Henri to the friendliest woodworking site on the net. It is great to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS