Newbi From Fayetteville

Status
Not open for further replies.

robthowells

New User
Robert
Newbie here to wood working anyway, but have been a DIYer forever. I’m one of them dam Yankees cause I came down and stayed, like a hemorrhoid, at least that is what my father in-law says LOL . He is a native North Carolinian and we rib each other a lot. The Army brought me here in 1985 and in 1987 I met my wife and just figured I’d stay. Cost of living is better than NY and the weather is good too. Now I'm retired from the Army but still work for Uncle Sam. So I guess Fayetteville, NC is where I’m stayin at least for a good while. Would like to meet with other local woodworkers as none of my buddies are into it. So if you are local to Fayetteville or close by let me know.
Thanks

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the forum Bob. Great to have you with us. There's a lot of helpful, friendly folks here so don't be afraid to share your work or ask questions. Oh... and by the way, folks here are fanatical about pics, so please share photos of your shop and your projects :-D .

robthowells

New User
Robert
Thanks sure will post pics and ask questions (I ain't scared or shy)as I have a few projects in mind and just completed some French doors for the wife in the dinning room. Left my digital camera at the in-laws over Christmas or I would post some of the doors.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Bob! Glad to have you here. Be sure to take advantage of the many resources we have on the site, including lots of info available from our Link and Download Libraries. And post some pics to a Photo Gallery -- it's easy and we love to see everyone's stuff!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Bob, I am glad that you could join us. Thanks for the excellent intro. There are a lot of members in your area that I am sure will be sounding off soon enough.
I look forward to your input in the forums.
Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bob, welcome! No question too stupid, no mistake too big (don't ask me how I know this :)).

We definitely like photos! Not that we're fanatical about them, we're just naturally curious. And nosy. And we shun people that don't post pictures and try to forget their names :-D Also, relocated Yankees are required to post double the normal number of pictures for the first three months - check the bylaws.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Bob,

From yet another ex-yankee(NJ), which seems to be the majority of the population down here (not necessarily good:lol::lol::lol:).

Anyway, it's great to have you on board.

Jimmy:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hello Bob!

Welcome to the Sawdust Pile of woodworkers. I am one of those Damm Yankees too from thye state of Vermont. Came down here in 1965 and been here ever since. I also work or may I say did work for the government. Just retired! Hope to get to meet you and see some of your projects and shop. Glad to have you on board and just jump into the sawdust pile and enjoy the mess we all have enjoyed together.
Terry:icon_thum:eusa_clap

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I am a transplanted homogeneous American recently settling in Lillington and working in Favetteville. Just getting back into ww after a 7 year layoff. If I can help, I will!!!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hello Bob,

Welcome to our pile-o-sawdust. We do have some members from your area, as well as some retired service persons... There may even be a relocated Yankee or two, somewhere in our midst. I'm looking forward to seeing those french doors... should be a fun project.

Ray

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the NCWW site. :eusa_clapGlad to have you. :icon_thumI am a native North Carolinian from Seagrove a bit north-west on you.

Danny

robthowells

New User
Robert
Well thanks for the warmest welcome in a while. Y'all (the south is rubbing off on me) are livin' up to the tag line of the site. Thanks again and Hope to met y'all one day.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Bob! We definitely have several members in the Fayetteville area and frequently find excuses to meet fellow members from across the state. MWTCA (hand tool folks) have a meet/swap in Hillsborough this Saturday, Charlotte and Greensboro have woodworking shows this year, wood runs from our great group of local sawyers provide opportunities, and I'm confident we will have another NCWWer Spring Picnic.

Look forward to chatting with you online and off :icon_thum

Roger

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Well thanks for the warmest welcome in a while. Y'all (the south is rubbing off on me) are livin' up to the tag line of the site. Thanks again and Hope to met y'all one day.

IMNSHO, I've never met but one "Yankee" that fit the stereotype I heard as a kid from the South, though over the years I've known many originators from north of the M-D line. Sounds as though you're seeing us "Southerners" for what we really are as well. Funny what you can learn when you keep an open mind and make up your own mind about something!:-D

NewB @ woodworking, dangerous @ DIY, FORGET trying precision work!!!!!!!

My way: measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe...:roll:

Oh well, WELCOME ROBERT!

robthowells

New User
Robert
Yea I know what you mean. Stereo types are designed for a good laugh and thats all. If you actually think their real you are silly.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome aboard. I'm another "native" North Carolinian, but spent 30+ years working up and down the east coast, much of it north of Virginia. One thing I know for sure, there's good folks everywhere.

But you're right, the weather here is better!

These guys have really been helpful to me this past year. If I can ever be of service, give me a PM.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Hey Bob, another NY'er here, I also met a girl from Fayetteville while in the Army. been out just over nine years now, and still can't leave town. I'm shocked no one else from the area has responded, Terry isn't the only one that lives in the area. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS