New Woodturning classes in Davidson

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Good News! Woodturning Classes are coming soon!
The Community Arts Project (CAP)
was formerly Creative Art Exchange - which was formerly the Icehouse in Davidson, NC.
Remember all that great equipment we had? Well it has found a new home and CAP is excited to announce the formation of new classes for all skill levels starting the first week of February!
_________

Come and see the shop! We are having an OPEN HOUSE
THIS TUESDAY, January 18, 2011
from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at the classroom.
Please join us to see the shop, get information on the classes CAP will teach and Register for classes!

Click the link for more information and directions:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...Y8wQITDQHJLDrG53fJIdKMX1I-x6D1pq1zJV-KeMQ62E=

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
I'm definitely interested in these classes. I didn't see any times or cost on the page. Is there somewhere I can this information?

jtdums

New User
Jim
They are going to have the times/cost information ready for the open house on Tuesday. Class sizes are limited (only 6 lathes). It is my understanding that they will be offering both beginning and advanced classes.

Last I heard they were thinking Tuesday/ Thursday nights or Saturday mornings at a cost of around $180 for 18 contact/teaching hours.

I'll post more info as it becomes available and made known to me.

(Disclaimer--I'm not teaching these classes, but the shop is our school's shop that they are using. I'm just trying to ensure that they will have a successful program.)

jtdums

New User
Jim
These are the classes available so far:

All classes are $180 and 6 weeks long. 2 ½ to 3 hours per class.

Tuesday Nights, Don Olsen, Beginner Bowl Turning

Wednesday Nights, Mike Mills, Intermediate Turning

Saturday Morning, Sam McDowell, Beginner Turning 8:00am – 11:00 am.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Here is the link for the class information and registration for woodturning in Davidson.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...F88fCFsBhH4Fn1N4fOXr67HjoC95d4tTRI3guz7O8I_c=

Class 1 - Tuesday Nights 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm​
Begins February 1, 2011​
Beginner Bowl Turning​
Instructor Don Olsen​
This beginner class will cover safety, tool usage and focus on bowl turning techniques.​
No previous experience necessary.​

Class 2 - Wednesday Nights 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm​
Begins February 2, 2011​
Intermediate Turning​
Instructor Mike Mills​
This class will feature end-grain turning techniques and will include small boxes and a small short stemmed goblet.​
Intermediate - some previous experience necessary.​

Class 3 - Saturday Mornings 8:00 am - 11:00 am​
Begins February 5, 2011​
Beginner Woodturning​
Instructor Sam McDowell​
This beginner class will focus on safety, tool usage, spindel turning and basic turning techniques.​
No previous experience necessary.

Enjoy:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS