New toyl on the farm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Wow Scott that's a huge one!

What size did Paul Newman use when he cut the desk apart? Don't remember the movie, but that scene!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thanks Scott, for answering. Years back I had Belsaw mills, and each was a different model. I enjoyed saw milling until the Amish started moving in all around us and took over the saw milling in the area. $120 per thousand B' for hemlock and pine left all the mills in the area without any customers. But I sure did love milling! Rock on brother!
Bruce, I use a dedicated chain slabber that I designed and built (with a friends help) on a spare Peterson sawmill carriage a few years back. This saw will primarily be used to end trim large logs, buck them to length, and on occasionally rip them down (if they are larger than the 6' maximum diameter of my dedicated slabber).

Chainsaw milling can be quite tedious....

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott,
I have the little brother, a MS660 with a 36" bar and love it!

Hi Steve, great to hear from you. Up until I bought the 880 my biggest saw was an 066 that was rebuilt (and hopped up) a few years back. We pull a 48" bar with the 066 and it does ok.

Yesterday I used the 880 for the first time to end trim a 44" oak. Holy Smokes! It went through the log somewhere between 2x to 3x faster than the 066.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors