New toyl on the farm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Since they say a "picture is worth a thousand words", here you go!

attachment.php

Stihl MS880 (the most powerful production chainsaw currently) with a 59" bar. :D

Attachments

• Scott with 088C.jpg
    Scott with 088C.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 494

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
What? No cupholder? I think that would scare the "Texas Chainsaw" guy. Them big trees were feeling a little too safe go get em.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you look close it seems that there is only a cutting tooth every 3"+-. Am I right, Scott?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Well dad bum - I would have sold you my 026 if I knew you were looking... (j/k I couldn't part with it)
Nice score sir.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It looks like you have a two man saw there. Don’t see the second handle though.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Wow. I couldn't imagine using that saw where I've been cutting some trees. Not only would I be cutting the tree I wanted to cut, I would likely (inadvertently) be cutting 3 other trees as well....

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
[video]https://youtu.be/sZa26_esLBE?t=30s[/video]

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Will you use it as a chainsaw mill? Or are you planning to cut some of those redwood trees in CA? Sure does make my 026 look like a child's toy. Doggone nice saw Scott!:thumbs_up

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Will you use it as a chainsaw mill? Or are you planning to cut some of those redwood trees in CA? Sure does make my 026 look like a child's toy. Doggone nice saw Scott!:thumbs_up

Bruce, I use a dedicated chain slabber that I designed and built (with a friends help) on a spare Peterson sawmill carriage a few years back. This saw will primarily be used to end trim large logs, buck them to length, and on occasionally rip them down (if they are larger than the 6' maximum diameter of my dedicated slabber).

Chainsaw milling can be quite tedious....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Operation.jpg
    Operation.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 250

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
If you look close it seems that there is only a cutting tooth every 3"+-. Am I right, Scott?

Dennis, it actually has teeth about every 1.5". What you're seeing is only the cutters on one side.

Depending upon how well the saw cuts I may modify one of the chains to make it a skip tooth.

Unfortunately this uses .404 / .063; everything else I have is 3/8 .050.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS