New to NCWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

suosoncww

New User
Oso
Good Evening:

My name is Ty 'OSO' Osorio, originally from Puerto Rico; recently retired from the US Army (82d Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, NC).

I now reside in Mooresville, NC with my small family and Kasper, the dog.

Althoug my father is a life long woodworker, I chose the military instead so this is really new to me.

My job keeps involved with the military, travel to fun places (Iraq, Afghanistan) included, but I will try my best to stay involved whenever possible.

Thanks,

OSO

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome OSO. It is great to have you here. Thanks for your service to our country!! Feel free to jump in at any time!!!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome OSO, Thank-you for your service, this world is a better place thanks to you. You are lucky to be living in Mooresville, the Woodworking Source is opening up near you and I have heard that it's an outstanding source. Not the most direct URL, but it will get you the information you need - Woodworking Source
mouse.png

HTH, Dave:)

suosoncww

New User
Oso
Dave,

Thank you for the kind words, as before, serving was an honor.

Thanks for the heads up about the Woodworking Source.

OSO

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Oso!
Glad to have you join us and happy you decided to stay in NC.

Tracy may not realize what "jumping in" might involve with a former 82nd member...huh?:rotflm:

suosoncww

New User
Oso
Easy decision Mark.

After spending 12 years in Washington DC, coming down to NC was great.

You are right, nothing better than jumping out of a perfectly good airplane and joining the fight the Airborne way.

OSO

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey Oso,

First, I love your native Puerto Rico!!:eusa_danc

Welcome aboard and stay "grounded" long enough to make some sawdust!

Barbara

M

McRabbet

Ty,

Welcome to the website and our deepest thanks for your great service to our country. Sounds like you're still involved from the support side, so we applaud that as well (my nephew retired as a Senior Chief Petty Officer and continues to "serve" by applying his expertise to advanced military communications).

We'll be happy to help answer any gaps in your woodworking that you may not remember from your father -- don't hesitate to ask questions and remember to show us your progress in pictures.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Oso,

As most have already said, THANK YOU for your service. Our country would not be what it is without the dedication and sacrifice of soldiers like you.

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find that the folks here are some of the nicest that you will come across.

suosoncww

New User
Oso
Hey Oso,

First, I love your native Puerto Rico!!:eusa_danc

Welcome aboard and stay "grounded" long enough to make some sawdust!

Barbara
Thank you Barbara,

I must admit that due to my hectic career, I haven't been able to go home to Puerto Rico since 2000. We are planning to make it next year to celebrate my daughter's 15th Birthday; in Latin America, we celebrate the 15th instead of sweet 16... Thanks again!

oso

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Oso, thank you so much for the service that you have given to our great country:eusa_clap and I want to welcome you to this site - glad to have you with us - :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS