New tablesaw Gloat For you Dave actual shop pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Picked it up From Tom In Concordthis morning and got home at 11PM and unloaded it and Waxed the Cast iron. Very nice saw. I will need to wire in a 220 circuit tomorrow and get a blade on it and make some saw dust. Thank You Tom.

Jet_saw_005.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There you go :icon_thum:icon_thum I am glad that you actually did get it as I marked it Sold, before we had proof that it was :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:
Obligatory photographic evidence of possession posted and proven.

MAJOR SUCKAGE rightfully earned :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Thanks for saving me 800 beans :-D

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, you wasted no time in getting that beast out of the truck and ready for pic shooting. Home at 11:00 unloaded, photgraphed and uploaded, and posted by 11:17. You got some of them shop elves don't you :-D

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Wow, you wasted no time in getting that beast out of the truck and ready for pic shooting. Home at 11:00 unloaded, photgraphed and uploaded, and posted by 11:17. You got some of them shop elves don't you :-D

Didnt want to leave it in the enclosed trailer and take a chance on moisture getting on the cast iron. So I got the whip out and woke the elves up. Oh and LOML was there to help me. Shoot Me and Tom loaded it in the trailer in 2 minutes.

T

toolferone

Yes major SUCKAGE is in order! Very good deal on a saw that will last a lifetime.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Glad you got it home and setup, great looking saw. Now that its official its time for an official

YOU SUCK

I,m green with envy Enjoy the saw.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Major congrats Jon! The saw is immaculate. :icon_thum
And of course, YOU SUCK!

Hope you didn't make Tom hurt his back again :slap:

Roger

sshelton

New User
Steven
Looks great, any suggestion on how to clean up a cast iron top that has some rust stains ? Any suggestion on what wax should be used to keep it up ?

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I start with WD-40 and one of those sponges that has the Scotch bright on one sideand then clean it with Brake cleaner and then use Johnson Wax.It doesnt have silicone in it.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Looks great, any suggestion on how to clean up a cast iron top that has some rust stains ? Any suggestion on what wax should be used to keep it up ?

Barkeeps Friend (an abrasive powder like Comet cleanser but has oxalic acid in the pumice instead of chlorine bleach) will remove the rust stains. Barkeeps Friend can be found at Lowes in the housewares department next to the metal polishes. HOWEVER, beings it is acidic, when you wipe off the cleanser with a wet rag it will flash-rust immediately. (You can also use the chrome polish sold in automotive stores, which contain oxalic acid and a wax that eliminates the flash rust problem, but they may contain silicone wax which will contaminate the wood for future refinishing). If you use BF, wipe off the residue with a rag wet with either paste wax or WD-40. Usually I use WD and Scotchbrite unless the rust is heavy to avoid the flash rust problems..

To keep it rust free, I have found that wiping the clean cast iron top with Penetrol and then waxing it after the penetrol dries quadruples the time of rust-free operation as opposed to just the paste wax. Penetrol is actually a paint flow additive (found in Lowes by the airless paint sprayers). By itself it is not slick which is why you need to wax it. I use it on my handtools as well. It works very well at keeping the rusty fingerprints, etc off hand saws, planes, steel framing squares, combination squares, machinists scales, etc. Before I started using Penetrol, I was cleaning and rewaxing my TS about every three weeks (I sweat, and also do a lot of projects using somewhat green or PT lumber). I used the penetrol last march and just had to clean/refinish it last week. The only area that was showing some staining was the area about 6" either side of the blade where all the wood, regardless of width, runs across. I didn't have the sweat drops and hand print stains all over the saw like before.

It does cost about $9 a quart after tax, but a quart will last for several years.

My saw is in my "shop" which is not climate controlled, and at most homes would be considered a "garage".

Just my experience

go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS