New Shop Finally Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Last Easter my neighbor's outbuilding caught on fire and consequently jumped to my shop and completely destroyed it and everything inside. My insurance company has been wonderful and yesterday I completed the new shop with the exception of a final coat of paint on the trim work. I am moving the new tools in today and will post more pics when all is in place.
DSC_0288_640x425.jpgDSC_0292_319x480.jpg
DSC_0289_640x425.jpgDSC_0290_640x425.jpg
DSC_0293_640x425.jpgDSC_0294_640x425.jpg
DSC_0295_640x425.jpgDSC_0296_640x425.jpg
DSC_0298_640x425.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice, that's going to be an awesome shop!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Now I have shop envy. The new shop looks great, I know you will enjoy it. :icon_thum

Glennbear

Glenn
VERY nice Scott. I am glad you have a cooperative insurance carrier, it is unfortunately rare to hear someone praise them. :wsmile:

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
What are the dimensions of the shop? Did you have specific insurance for your shop or was it covered under home owners insurance?

windknot

Scott
Senior User
The main shop is 24' x 24' with 9' ceilings. I have a 12' x 12' "clean room off of it and a 12' x 12' covered porch area making the total footprint 24' x 36'. My original shop was covered under my homeowners policy with Erie Insurance.

pviser

New User
paul
You have a beautiful shop. I love the epoxy floor! How did you do surface prep on the concrete? Muriatic acid? Shot blaster? Floor sander with diamond grit? Did you do it yourself?

windknot

Scott
Senior User
I did the epoxy floor myself. The concrete was slick finished and I rented a machine with star bits and attempted to profile the floor but the machine did not do as good a job as I expected so I came back behind it with 50:50 muriatic acid and water. I think the acid etching along with the scuffing up prepped the floor pretty good. If you decide to ever do it make sure to go to a paint supply company and buy the 2 part Polymide Epoxy. It can be mixed any color and is much more durable than the Valspar kits at Lowes.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just curious, I have had my homeowners with Erie for several years and, knock on wood, I have never had to use it or fill a claim. I am just curious about your experience with them through all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors