New out of state members info ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have noticed, 2 today, new members that are from out of NC, but within that fringe that is acceptable in SC or VA. are putting down S. Virginia as their location but giving SC zip codes. What are the options that new registries have for entering that information? Is there a North S. Carolina along with S. VA? Can they enter where they are from maually or is it only a drop down option box?
Or are these folks just confused as to where they are coming from :eusa_thin

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
I think the drop-down box may be gone now, so they'll all say the default "southern virginia". That's the conclusion that I have drawn, since I can no longer see the drop down box in my "edit profile" page. Must be part of Steve's plan.... maybe he'll clarify. The good new is, it should all become a lot easier if it works like he has planned.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Monty, I didn't even think to check in my profile to see what the options were. I was hoping if they were going to lie about their location they could at least be consistant :lol:

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Monty's got it as usual.:lol: I am trying piece meal the changes in. So some things are not in sync.:oops: yet.

When done, they will only be asked their zip. The system wil figure out the rest.

But on another point. I have looked at some counties maps and really can't come up with a rigourous definition of "Southern Va" etc. So basically the system will accept all of VA, TN, and SC. I don't think it will really change the nature of the place.

But if somebody really wants to take a shot at making those definitions, I'll code them in.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I understand and 110% support the NC part of NCWoodworker. But... just thinking out loud.. if they lied.. wouldn't it be easier for everyone? :rolf::rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS