Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello, My name is Matthew and I just moved to Goldsboro from my last base, Kadena AFB Okinawa Japan. A little bit about myself...I have built my wife a small kitchen table out of Japanese cedar and Maple. I've built a bookshelf and mostly built Home Audio Tower Speakers. My most recent pair are the best, and have named them Mr815's which stands for Matthew and Rachels 1-8" woofer, 1-1" tweeter and 2-5" midrange wooofers. I also custom made the crossover and boy do the sound superb. Everyone that has heard them has agreed. I have decided after my life in the Air Force to go into selling them and also installing home theaters. As for now I am fixing up our first home and trying to get ready to plant a garden and some fruit trees. I have a bonus room over our garage and plan to make it into a Home Theater room. I am interested in any ideas out there and love to learn. I will enjoy being a member and thank you all for welcoming me when you do.

Thank you kindly,

Matthew and Rachel
Custom Home Audio

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Matt, nice bunch of folks here. When building speaker cabinets, does one use a REALLY big hole saw ? :gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Matthew and Rachel,

Welcome to ncww.net. I think you will find a lot of friends and information here, I have been a member for only one week and have thoroughly enjoyed this site. You should post pictures of your projects so we all can see!!

Tracy

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome Matthew and Rachel! Thank you for your service to our country.

you should be aware that around these parts, demand for photo's of your projects and shop will be strong. In fact, the mantra is often "no pics, didn't happen" so... as a former home audio enthusiast(budgetary concerns cured me of that ill), I must ask, "Where are the pics?"

btw, you can create your own photo album here by clicking on the camera next to your name.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Matt and Rachel, welcome to NCWW! As Pete pointed out, we _love_ pictures, but in this case - where's the sound! :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Matthew, thanks for the intro :icon_thum
I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some pictures of your work.
Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt. I hope it is ok to call you Matt. We are all family here. You have come to a get place. Both NC and this web site. I am looking forward to learning from you and helping you learn.

I salute you for your service to our country. A debt we can never truly repay.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I use a circle router jig, but it would be fun to use a big hole saw. Thanks and a posted three photos that I can't even find. A little help please.

Take care,

Matthew

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Friends. Thanks for all you do for our great nation! :eusa_clap I worked for a Goldsboro based company for 12+ years. It's not a bad part of the state to live in. AND, you've got "Earl the Pearl" Rasmussen right down Hwy 13 in Pikeville! Check out his gallery and you'll see what I mean.

Great bunch of folks on here. Try to make the picnic if you can. Again, WELCOME!:eusa_clap

RayH

New User
Ray
Hello Matthew,

Welcome to the site. Lots of helpful and friendly folk here.

RayH
One of several ex-USAF'ers on board

MikeH

New User
Mike
Matthew and Rachel,
Welcome to NCWW. We're glad to have you. I just looked and I don't think the pics actually completed the upload. I can't find them anywhere. You might want to try again.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Matthew and Rachel. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Some of my best friends live in Goldsboro. If you ever bump into Jeff and Jessica Horton, they are two of the nicest people I've ever known. I'm supposed to go up there soon and help them build an entertainment center. When I do, I'll give you a hollar. Nice to meet you all!

Trent

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt!

(reminds me of a joke about an armless, legless....well nevermind:wwink:)

If you haven't found your photos, which are very nice btw, click on the camera next to your name in a post. I have a set of nice speakers on my list of things to make as my home decorating consultant (Mary Ann) has informed me that my antique Allisons are not meeting the current decorating standards. She just wants to go to BestBuy and get something small and invisible. I may be needing a coach.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the internet. Feel free to start, or join in on, any posts. There are a bunch of us up the road from you in Johnston county, if you ever need any help.

Jimmy:)

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
DIY Tower speakers& Crossovers

Well Tarhead, I sure can be of service and as long as you like to read and have some skills building a box then your on your way to building a set of speakers for your home that meets the requirements of Mary Ann. You can even put them in the wall or ceiling. Anyway go to amazon and buy the book "Speaker builing 201" . It's what helped me tremendously even though I built many boxes before. This book helps with a the specs of the box and crossover for best sound quality. Well give me a hollar or just reply and I'll help out. Oh by the way everyone since I am new here, Where is a lumber yard to buy all types of wood around Goldsboro?

Thanks for your help and the comments,

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio

My wife Helps me sand, I sure am lucky, because thats the hardest part in my opinion....:icon_thum

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Excellent pictures, and very nice speakers indeed. Do you put any material inside the box for dampening the sound, or leave it open?

JCCat

New User
JC
Welcome Matt. I have only been a member for about a month but have already found a wealth of great info from the "old timers" here. BTW, I was stationed on Oki back in the 71-73 time frame and worked at Tori station as an intel analyst. When i first got there it was still under U.S. control and about 6 months b4 I left for Korea we gave it back to the Okies. Went back there around 80 or 81 for the PACAF softball tournament and the place had really really changed, wud love to see what it looks like now. The snorkeling and SCUBA diving was great there. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS