New member from Conover, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Hello all. Name is Ricky and I live in Conover, NC. I'm new to woodworking (about a year in). I'm glad to find this community of fellow woodworkers. I hope to learn alot from everyone here.

:eusa_danc

I'm a big fan of the large bank of smilies!

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Well let me be the first to welcome you. If you want to learn, this place has got quite a collection of craftsmen and sages.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Ricky. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap When I first joined NCWWer, I had also been working with wood for about a year. I can't tell you how much help and knowledge I've gained from the wonderful folks here, and also some new friends. :eek:ccasion1 This is a great group and we're very happy that you could join us. :icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the group, glad you found us.
No one has mentioned it yet, but we do love pictures.
Can't wait to see some of your work-

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to this great site, Ricky. As others have pointed out, you'll get plenty of help, no matter what type of woodworking question or problem you have. Even hands on help if you ask for it.

What type of woodworking are you doing? As was mentioned above, we love pics. :eusa_danc

Bill

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Ricky!

Always plenty of fun goin' on 'round here along with lots of great resources.

Wayne

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Bruce it seems we're right up the road from each other. I have mainly been making picture frames. I started woodworking to frame a picture I got for my wife last year (still yet to be done). I'm currently reframing some work for my mom, and building a new work bench.

It's hard to find some time over the past couple of months. I just refinished a dresser for our second daughters nursery (she'll be here on Friday...yikes) and have been working a whole bunch. But I try to get into the shop for a bit each day.

I'll try and post some pictures of things I've done tonight.

:gar-La;

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Yup, we aren't too far apart. There are quite a few members of this group in the area. I also would like to point out that there is a woodworkers club that meets at Klingspor's Woodworking Store on 21st St. SE every 4th Sat. at 9:30 a.m. Next meeting is this Sat. You are not only welcome, but encouraged to come and join us. There is always coffee and donuts, (no charge) and an interesting program on woodworking. The name of that club is Western Piedmont Woodworkers. Membership benefits include a 10% discount on purchases at Klingspor's, as does membership in this group when you meet the criteria. Again, welcome aboard and hope to meet you someday.:icon_thum

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
I've seen the group through this site. I do plan on joining, but not this weekend. My wife and I will be in the hospital with the arrival of our second daughter. But I will probably be able to make it out next month. I look forward to meeting some new people in the area. We have been living in the area for 3 years and still don't really know anyone.:thumbs_do

As soon as I can make it out to a meeting, rest assured, I will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS