New Guy In WNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WNC_Dave

New User
David
Just saying HI. Found the forum today looking for some info on the internet. I am fairly new to WW. I started setting up my shop about a year ago and before that only did some finishing work on furniture that was bought from those unfinished furniture stores, but always told myself that when i got a shop i would start making my own. Well now the time has come.

Dave

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

Welcome to one terrific pile-o-sawdust. Glad you joined us. We love having another woodworker join us... and love even more to have some photos. Please do set up a gallery and post some photos of your work, your shop, the shop dog... whatever.

What kind of projects are you planning?

Ray

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Dave. This board is a great place. Post some pictures so we get to know your work, your shop and yourself.

WNC_Dave

New User
David
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Ray
The shop is a mess right now. It is not insulated as yet and still has moving boxes all over the place. Hopefully in the next month i will get it insulated and walls up then i can post up some pics, so it will be a bit but i will get them up.

Dave

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site -- and from a fellow resident of Henderson County. Glad you found us and joined. And don't feel rushed to clean up your shop -- I've been here for almost 4 years and have only managed to insulate the walls, run my shop power circuits and hand some lights. But it has been a mess from the get-go!

Aside from posting some pics to a Photo Gallery, you'll want to take advantage of our Link and Download Libraries. And keep an eye out for an email from me tonight -- I'm President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association and we have our January meeting on Saturday morning in Asheville! I hope you can make it so we can meet!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Another Dave, and one with a spelling problem to boot. I like you already :-D Welcome to the site, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some pics of your work :icon_thum

See you around!!

Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Dave, welcome to our friendly dysfunctional family. Remember, pics of finished work are much more fun when accompanied by work-in-progress pics. Just don't drop the camera in the joint compound :)

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. Glad to have you.:icon_thum Clean shop:eusa_thin
or make sawdust:eusa_thin

:slap:Kick them boxes out of the way and make sawdust.:eusa_danc

Danny

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome to our humble family,

Big shops, small shops, beginners, and experts, we all gather here for different discussions. Feel free to join in any, start some, and always ask questions the answers will not only help you but will probably also help someone else ( me included, well... me especially:roll:).

Jimmy:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to our humble family,

Big shops, small shops, beginners, and experts, we all gather here for different discussions. Feel free to join in any, start some, and always ask questions the answers will not only help you but will probably also help someone else ( me included, well... me especially:roll:).

Jimmy:)

Welcome to NCWWer Dave! I think Jimmy summed it up very well :eusa_clap

Roger

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Welcome Dave. I'm in Asheville but Gerton is my home town. Lived there until I was 8 yrs old. My dad was born in a house that stood where the old Chestnut Hills pool was until the flood of 1916. My great-grandfathers one on each side formed the Bearwallow Baptist Church (Wall and Grant).

Glad to have you aboard. Come join us at the WNC Woodworkers.

mcoston2

New User
michael
Welcome to this site. Great bunch of people and knowledge. Enjoy the ride.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum

WNC_Dave

New User
David
thats hopefully the plan for tomorrow.... Well today since it is 2 am. clean shop and make some storage.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS