New gloats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I haven't posted any new gloats in a while and cpowell made the comment it was about that time of year, and he was right. I got the bug with Woodcraft closing and a couple of sales I found on Amazon, so off I went.

Here is a baby power feeder I bought from dancam here on the site. I don't think he ever used or mounted it. I put it on my shaper, and although it works, it was kind of a pain to get adjusted right and didn't have enough power at 1/8th HP. I have since taken it off the shaper and plan to put it on my router table.

baby_power_feeder.JPG

Here is a pic of my new power feeder installed and ready. It is a 1/4 HP 3 wheel as I couldn't stomach the current prices for a 4 wheel 1 HP. Aligning it is a breeze and it has plenty of power for what I have tried so far with it. If anyone is thinking of getting a power feeder, do it, just don't get a baby feeder/versa feeder. It is amazing how easy the new one is to adjust and how smooth it works.

delta_power_feeder.JPG

Next I found Amazon had all of their paint and finishing equipment at 20 percent off. I had gotten hooked on spraying HVLP with a conversion gun, but I wanted to step up so I got the Fuji Q4. It is a 4 stage turbine and is supposed to be able to spray almost anything. I went ahead and got some of the accessories with it mini-cup set, whip hose, and additional needles since it was all 20 percent off. It is quiet, and I hope to spray thinned paint with it as well, but I expect I will wait to do that until I get an extra gun. Jmauldin's recommendation on not using the same gun to spray finishes with that you spray paint with has stuck hard with me. Should have bought the extra gun while it was on sale.:BangHead: LOML complained enough about how many packages were coming one more wouldn't have been a big deal.

Fuji.JPG

Then I went to Woodcraft. Got a tail vise for building a new bench that I want to get started with.

vise_screw.JPG

Then I went bonkers on chisels and such. Got a nice set of bench chisels, skew chisels, a couple of mortising chisels, a small Starrett square, and a 24 inch Starrett ruler. Strangely enough, LOML had no issues with what I spent at the Woodcraft closing sale (I went twice on Saturday), but she had a fit over what I paid for the 24" ruler. Glad I didn' t buy the 48" precision straight edge I was considering at the time.

chisels.JPG

Bought a set of pilots and vix bits from Woodcraft as well. After using them, I wished I had bought them years ago. They are the make it snappy brand and work extremely well.

drill_tips.JPG

I did buy a bunch of router bits as well. Got a crown molding bit, and a multi bit after going by FredP's shop and his telling me how much he likes it along with a few others. That is about it. Hope to go to buy some wood in the next few days and make some saw dust.

cskipper

Cathy
Well, that deseres multiple "you suck"'s but you lose a few for hoarding them for a while! :rolf: Congrats on the new toys. I'm building my birthday wish list as I type.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
So I'm reading this post and thinking how you've got a few cool things lately then as I continue on I realize that you've been accumulating - quietly, behind the scenes - a vast array of toys.

I really think your WG disease has come roaring back. :lol: :lol:

I would have thought you were at Level 5 by now but you don't display all of the symptoms. The only thing that is missing is a large purchase of wood, you know, several hardwoods, maybe an exotic, many sheets of BB ply - that sort of thing. Yep, I'd say if that sort of purchase happens in the next few weeks then your relapse is confirmed. :)

BTW, that's a very impressive collection of toys you've quietly accumulated lately. Belated SUCKAGE on all of them!

Chuck

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Travis
Let me add my YOU SUCK for such a great tool haul:icon_thum:icon_thum

You are DA MAN :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

sapwood

New User
Roger
Way too much suckage!
More like a stellar vortex :eusa_clap

Hope all the new toys meet expectations and serve you well. And if I need to borrow something, I know where to find it :mrgreen:

Roger

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
That sure is a lot of gloats for one post. I'm not sure a 'you suck' is the right expression for that array of toys. :eusa_clap

tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors