New Download Library Category

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I have just added a new Category to our Downloads Library entitled "Wood Turning" and have added a marvelous file entitled "Introduction to Turned Boxes" by Mike Stafford, our very own Big Mike. Mike sent me a CD and I have created a PDF file that is less than a third the size of his original file. It is an excellent and very well illustrated tutorial. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I have also moved some of the recent files that were added to the site by HandTurnedBowls (James "Cad" Holland) into this category becasue they really belong here.

Enjoy!

Rob Payne
Library Administrator

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks Mike!

That's a valuable contribution to the site.

Nooooo, Roger . . . don't even think about buying a lathe :BangHead:

Roger

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow - that's a great tutorial! I'm glad to see the new section in the downloads area, too.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Roger, there is no need to resist. You will be assimilated..... You will become part of all things spinny.....:rolf:

Thanks for the nice words guys!

And Rob thank you for your help with the file conversion. I appreciate it.

M

McRabbet

And Rob thank you for your help with the file conversion. I appreciate it.
Mike,

Glad to provide the service -- you did the hard part! I recommend that you download the file from the site, save it and add it to your CD's -- that way all of your students will be able to read it as well (some will not have MS Word). If you want, I can place a copy on the CD you sent me and send it back to you (you'll get it faster via the download!)

Rob

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Rob, as soon as I saw that it was available I did just that download it and it is saved on my hard drive and on a CD. Thanks a bunch.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
For those that are interested I am working on two more chapters to this tutorial. One will cover inserting an inlay or a semi-precious stone cabachon in the lid of a ring box. The other will be on turning a simple end grain lidded box. That is an end grain box where the lid fits loosely inside the body of the box and it does not require the turner to jam fit the lid for final turning. When those are complete and if Rob is willing I will send them to him for conversion and upload.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks Big Mike and Rob
This is what I was looking for. :icon_thum My first attempt did not turn out like I wonted it to. :BangHead: :rolf: I will post when the finish dries. Thanks Nick

M

McRabbet

For those that are interested I am working on two more chapters to this tutorial. One will cover inserting an inlay or a semi-precious stone cabachon in the lid of a ring box. The other will be on turning a simple end grain lidded box. That is an end grain box where the lid fits loosely inside the body of the box and it does not require the turner to jam fit the lid for final turning. When those are complete and if Rob is willing I will send them to him for conversion and upload.

Count on it!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS