New Blade in Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Hello there. I am Sharp Blade, a newbie to wood from the Matthews area. Just wanted to say hello, I hope to be asking many questions here soon. I was lucky enough to have inherited all of my dads really old Stanley planes and lots of other tools. I am learning all about how to use them properly. I am having lots of fun too.

:saw:

Catch you all later, Blade

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site! Another woman woodworker- guys you better watch out!! I'm sure you'll find us to be a friendly group of saw dust makers. What kind of woodworking do you do? Please request a photo album and post pictures. We LOVE pictures! You 'll hear many of us say that without pictures - it didn't happen. Feel free to jump in, ask questions and offer opinions - we all learn from each other.

There is a woodworking show in Charlotte on the weekend of 2/17. Some of us are going to try to meet around the concession stand at around 1:30 to get to meet each other in person. Also, after the show some of us are going to one member's home to visit. I hope you can join us.

Again, welcome to the site!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome to the site, we have several members that are old plane junkies and I'm sure they would love to see pictures of your planes and your work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome to the site. Jump on in, we have a great time around here. I would love to see your plane collection. They don't make them like they used to so having an old collection is a great asset. See you around!!!!

Dave:)

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome to the land of endless woodworking info, laughs, help and mostly a seriously contagious disease named for one of our most beloved members, Woodguy.:lol: Get your vaccination soon! Glad you found us.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Anna, welcome aboard. I am glad you elected to join us here at NCWW. I look forward to seeing some of those old planes as well as reading your input here in the forums. We have a few members here that really know a lot about old Stanley planes so don't be afraid to ask any questions or post any info you already have about tuning and using them. We would love to see pix of any projects you have made.

D L

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Welcome aboard. I'm just on the other side of the big city in the northern part of the county.

You'll find a lot of helpful people around, along with some great comedians.... well not really great but really funny... well maybe not really funny... but pretty funny... well definitely not "pretty"... but I think you get the picture. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is a GREAT group of supportive woodworkers on the site. WELCOME.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Please don't be hesitant to ask for help or give it.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find your visits here most enjoyable. I'd love to see some pictures of your old planes.

M

McRabbet

Welcome aboard -- we're always happy to see new faces and ideas. we hope that you can get to the Charlotte Woodworking Show and meet some of us -- be sure to get that Photo Gallery request in so you can post pictures of that plane collection.

Rob

woodguy1975

New User
John
b4man said:
Welcome to the land of endless woodworking info, laughs, help and mostly a seriously contagious disease named for one of our most beloved members, Woodguy.:lol: Get your vaccination soon! Glad you found us.

Hehehehehehe, too late. She has already registered. It is all down hill from here. :)

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Wow, thank you all. I am glad there are women on this board too. Yeehaa!! I am going to try to be att he Woodworking Show. I'd love to meet up with you all. I'll let you know for certain in a day or 2.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Sharp Blade!

Your father has given you a great legacy. Enjoy the tools and share the experience :-D

Sapwood

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
I agree that my father left me a great legacy. I am enjoying learning to use my planes. My father was a great carpenter and builder. His whole life revolved around building. He was the project manager on many famous buildings. Three in particular are the Pentagon and the Watergate Hotel and the Office Building. He started in the trade at age 12 building wooden boats for the Navy at the Navy Yard in Washington, DC. I buried him with his hammer and a back saw. :)

He was a really cool guy. He taught me alot too. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS