New and need info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorick

New User
Keith
I have recently moved into the Greensboro area and would like to know if there are any resources in the area to learn more about general woodworking. I have enjoyed weekend woodworking for a few years and have even built a few small pieces, but I am tired of not really knowing what the heck I am doing. I am not looking for a career change I would like to learn the basics because I find it very calming and have a great respect for the craft, plus it gets me away from my wife for a few hours on Saturdays. If anyone has any advice or information I would appreciate it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
If you have a Woodcraft near by, they offer great classes on several woodworking disciplines. Another great place is right here, there are so many very skilled woodworkers that are members of this site. I am sure that if you have a question, any question, it will get answered. Also you might be able to find a member in your area that would be willing to give some one on one assistance. Welcome to the site, and please show us some of your work. See you around!!!!

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Keith, I moved your introduction thread to this forum. This is where members get to introduce themselves.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Welcome Keith! I live in Greensboro and we have quite a few other Triad members. Woodcraft is at Four Seasons Mall and they have something going on about every Saturday. Go to their web site (www.woodcraft.com) and get a schedule. Also there's a Klingspor over in Winston by Hanes Mall. Rockler just opened a few months ago over on Stanley Road near Lowe's. Also, here you will learn about workshops and other events in our area as well as other parts of the state.
We are happy you joined up and believe me, you'll learn a lot here.

yorick

New User
Keith
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been to both Woodcraft and Rockler. I am waiting for the right classes to pop-up. Again thanks for the welcome.:lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
If you are interested in jointery one of our members, Woodguy, has hosted a class on that subject in the past week or two. I am sure that he will do it again if interest is high enough.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome Keith. Check out the woodcraft site, and be on the lookout for Woodguy classes... And.. welcome to the site!

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the forum, Keith -- We're happy that you found us and hope we can help you learn more about this great pastime! As others have said, Woodcraft in G'boro and The Woodworking Store in W-S will have classes and one of our members Woodguy has given a number of classes at his shop in Hickory or at the Woodworking Store there in Hickory. Our members can help you with answers to almost any question about tools, techniques, finishes, wood suppliers or whatever. Be sure to request a photo gallery by clicking on "Other Links" on the main menu bar so you can show off your dust!

Rob

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Keith welcome to the site. It looks like you have been given some pretty good pointers already to some resources near you. I hope you enjoy the time you spend on this site and I look forward to reading your input to the many forums offered here. Feel free to jump into the middle of any of them.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS