Need keyhole hangers and Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Hi i need help finding a key hole hanger.
only one i can find is like the one posted in the picture from woodcraft, but i need one like the other picture.

it is to hang a 12 in by 3 foot shelf with made from oak about 9/16 thick. That will hold 1/18 scale collector cars.

if someone has a better solution on hanging a shelf, please let me know.

keyhole.jpg

Also may need some 4/4 mahogany that when finished will look like the picture

page15-1005-full.jpg

gator

George
Corporate Member
I have, many times, used a keyhole router bit directly in the shelf. For shelves less than 2" thick I run the keyholes sideways rather than vertical. I tighten the screws until I have to force the shelf over the heads of the screws and the shelf is very tight to the wall.

George

DaveD

New User
Dave
Get some 3/8" round rod, find studs in the wall and drill for the rod. Then drill matching holes in the shelf. Push shelf over rods. Should only need two pins since its a small shelf with very little weight on it.

Another option is to get some scrap steel and make your own. You could cut them out of just about anything that is about 1/8" thick or so.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Can't help you on the keyhole hangers, but on the Mahogany, Wall lumber has UPS bundles that are priced reasonably IMO.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
well i made it and will be shipped out in the next couple of days.
walnut, 3 coats of urethane 12" deep by 36" long

PICT0166.jpg

PICT0169.jpg

PICT0167.jpg

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
GOOD JOB ! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

The shelf came out nice, I'm glad that you stuck with it and saw the job through.

Good Luck.

Jimmy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I knew that you could do it :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap. Great grain match on the shelf board. Beautiful Walnut. Good job all around!

Dave:)

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Thanks
one thing i should of done was put the sap wood to the back side. Going to pack it up and ship it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS