Ncww rocks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
As most folks are aware NCWW had a super booth at the WW Show in Charlotte. There are even a few pics to prove it. If others have pics please post them for all to see. I met a number of members I had never met before. Talked to a bunch of potential new members. Renewed friendships with members I had not seen in a while. I want to thank all that helped out and those who stopped by to visited. A special thanks to the following folks who made major contributions to our booth and worked their.... off. If I missed someone please please please speak up.
SAWMAN101 (Bruce) and wife Beth
BERTA
CSkipper (Cathy)
Charles Lent
MikeH and daughter
Matt Furjanic
Ed Nelson
TedAS
CaptnA
Ptt49er (Phillip)
Gotcha6 (Dennis)
Bill Clemmons

Also a special thanks for the support and friendship of Rick (The WoodWorking Source), Coleman (Klingspor) and Cheryl (The Hardwood Store)

Berta_and_Ed.jpg

Booth.jpg

Bruce_and_Berta.jpg

Bruce_and_the_booth.jpg

ScottM_and_birdhouse.jpg

bridhouses.jpg

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
You folks did an awesome job at the booth. It was nice to be able to meet you Scott as well as CaptnA and Ptt49er. Those items on display were awesome and yes, we did get a sweet location for the booth.

Keep up the great work.
Brent

M

McRabbet

Wish I could have been there to participate, but looks like it was a great success.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was a lot of fun.
Good seeing & talking with everyone.
LOML said I could buy whatever I wanted as long as I didn't spend over $3.
I got a corn dog. :gar-La;

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Dennis got a Corndog for $3.00?! Ya musta gone down the street to a convenience store! Hotdog, fries, and sweet tea--$8.00!
Had a great time at the show, met quite a few NCWW members, encouraged quite a few to join us, and made some good friends, not to mention learned some new techniques.
ScottM deserves a really big shout of appreciation for all his efforts to organize the booth and show and Dennis for bringing much needed equipment and tools to complete our display. Scott traveled over 400 miles round trip and bunked in swanky motel the whole weekend to promote NCWW--
HATS OFF TO SCOTT!!!!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
I had a blast on Saturday. Here are a few more pic's:

I thought that I had taken more photo's - maybe the camera stopped working? LOL!

Scott, you did an outstanding job of herding cats and pulling this show together.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Sounds like a great show for NCWW. Sorry I was not able to make it. Couldn't hardly stand to stand or sit due to a sciatic nerve acting up. Really hated to miss it though.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Scott thanks for the great job you did herding cats! I had a great time and it was great to meet so many people! I think this was the kick in the pants I needed since I started making a bit of sawduct last night!:rolf:

Although it sounds a bit iffy as to whether the WW Show will be back (what's new:roll:) it was neat having so many clubs involved in the show this year.

Phillip, thanks again for the dogwood and the opportunity to spin something!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
ScottM deserves a really big shout of appreciation for all his efforts to organize the booth and show and Dennis for bringing much needed equipment and tools to complete our display. Scott traveled over 400 miles round trip and bunked in swanky motel the whole weekend to promote NCWW--
HATS OFF TO SCOTT!!!!

+1 for Scott, and all who made this a great event. :icon_cheers

Bill

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Scott did an awesome job organizing our participation in the show.
Scott, ya done good!

Short notice but everything seemed to fall into place pretty well.
Our booth was within feet of the entrance doors to the hall. I don't know how anyone came through those doors and didn't at least look at our booth!
Many eyes were quickly mesmerized by some of the artistry that was on display, courtesy of many of our talented members. The tall wooden clocks were quite an attention grabber! Once they got closer, everyone was treated to more artistry on display, and live demonstrations of inlay, scrolling, and/or turning.
Many potential members were taking business cards, watching the computer images, asking questions, taking notes, and generally being introduced to NCWoodworker!
It was a treat to meet several members that I had never met, and talk with some that I have.
We hoped to have a good presence and I believe we more than accomplished that.
Thank you to all the members that helped out. Great work all around!

MikeH

New User
Mike
dennis got a corndog for $3.00?! Ya musta gone down the street to a convenience store! Hotdog, fries, and sweet tea--$8.00!
Had a great time at the show, met quite a few ncww members, encouraged quite a few to join us, and made some good friends, not to mention learned some new techniques.
Scottm deserves a really big shout of appreciation for all his efforts to organize the booth and show and dennis for bringing much needed equipment and tools to complete our display. Scott traveled over 400 miles round trip and bunked in swanky motel the whole weekend to promote ncww--
hats off to scott!!!!

+1 thank you for all you did scott!!!

decibel

New User
Patrick
Great job putting it together and I enjoyed seeing the few members I know and meeting others. I'm still the ultimate lurker :rotflm: but I still learned something and the wife let me out for the weekend. So freedom + tools + friends = a great weekend!

MikeH

New User
Mike
Great job putting it together and I enjoyed seeing the few members I know and meeting others. I'm still the ultimate lurker :rotflm: but I still learned something and the wife let me out for the weekend. So freedom + tools + friends = a great weekend!

Patrick,
It was good to finally meet you. We need to get together more often. You do know you're only allowed to lurk so long before people start to recognize you, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS