NCWoodworker Pony Express (slab of curly sycamore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Need a little help, I'm such a bonehead at times. I promised Tarhead I would bring a slab of curly sycamore along with the walnut today and I forgot it :BangHead:. It's 5/4 x 16 x 5' - approx 8 BF. I was wondering if we could use the NCWoodworker Pony Express :eusa_pray to get it to him?

His profile says he in Concord, Cabarrus county.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 209

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Oh my goodnes! I could practically walk to Mark's house! If I would have known you were coming by today!!!!! :):eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

gator

George
Corporate Member
Jeff,

If anybody could get it to me in Greensboro anytime this week, then my wife could take it to Concord on her way to Charlotte next Saturday.

I'll be going from near Jeff's to Greensboro on Friday morning. I'll get there sometime between 10:30-11:15 and leaving sometime between 1-2. I will be visiting my parents at the Masonic and Eastern Star Home on Holden Ave. I sorta' had planned on stopping by the Greensboro Harbor Freight on my way out of town.

I could meet someone around the High Point Blvd/Holden Ave/I-40 area about the 10:45ish time frame. or at the HF store about the 2ish time frame.

George

J

jeff...

George, is it ok to bring the slab by your shop sometime this week? I can't recall if you have a pickup truck? If so - I would also like to send a little ERC to Mike. Tarhead is it possible for you to pickup from Mike's wife in Concord?

Thanks

gator

George
Corporate Member
I will be home most of the day Weds and Weds evening, not at all on Thursday (I'll be going from 7:30A til after 9:00P).

I have an F150 with an 8' bed so bring it on. If it is raining, it will get wet, I do not have a cap.

George

J

jeff...

Ok George Thanks - looks like it'll be 5' long stuff...

Thanks again

J

jeff...

Gator, I'll be out at your place tomorrow evening. Here's what I'll be dropping for the first leg of the express (it's grown a little). You said I could bring it on :-D.

George, please PM be your address and cell phone number again - I only have a 200 PM limit and I know I've deleted it.

1 - 5/4 x 16 x5' curly sycamore (slab bark on one edge). Goes to Tarhead
1 - smaller chunk of curly sycamore slab (if I can find one). For Mike
10 - 5' ERC boards random width. For Mike
1 - bag pen blanks - (including two secret sauce pen blanks). For Chris
1 - bag pen blanks. For you George

Thanks and see you tomorrow evening

J

jeff...

Gator, I really apprciate you allowing this wood to hitch a ride in the back of your PU to Greensboro. I'll be at your place later this evening around 7:00 or so. Here's whats coming...

Thanks again

Attachments

• Jan17_01.jpg
    Jan17_01.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 193
J

jeff...

Leg #1 has been completed - Chris, Mark and Mike your goodies are now in the good hands of George :-D.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Actually not really in my hands, but in the back of the truck. Gee, maybe with the ice expected tomorrow morning, it will get frozen to the bed of the truck and I'll have to keep it.:drunken_s :drunken_s :drunken_s

It will at Harbor Freight in Greensboro about 2:00PM on Friday.

George

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
What!?! Mark, are you nuts!?!?! What are you thinking!?!
:rolf:

seriously...be safe tomorrow, all!
Chris

gator

George
Corporate Member
As of 2:00PM, Jan 19, 2007, the cargo was transferred from an F150 to a Forester and Mike Davis took control. There are good things that come from participating in these relays, I got a piece of euculyptus and some antler to play with, as well as a couple of neat Masonic momentos.

That wasn't all that changed hands, you'll have to seek through the forums to find what else.

Hint: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?p=66241#post66241

George

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks George! Please let me know if you need something moved from this end of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS