NC Woodturning tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtdon99

New User
jim
I am not the best at sharpening and have been looking at buying some carbide tipped turning tools. Found a website called NCWoodturningtools.com.
Was wondering if anyone has purchased from this site and if so were you satisfied ? Thanks Jim

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
i couldn't find much on that front either. Only option to contact them is via email.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
His name is John Austin from Thomasville NC. He's very active on the various turning forums as JAustin or hanua on the IAP pen turners site.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Hi that shall be me. I dont come here as much as I used to.just happen to stumble on this post.
I live I Thomasville and make the tools here at my home when I am not at work.
I did have a phone number on my site but ended removing it after getting calls late at night.
If any one have any questions please let me know. It might be best to contact through private message or email me ncwoodturningtools@gmail.com

John

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Glad I saw this. Placed an order today. I've been looking into getting into some carbide tools and a clearance deal on a Sorby Sovereign system handle at woodcraft made me bite. Looking forward to it!

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I am not the best at sharpening and have been looking at buying some carbide tipped turning tools. Found a website called NCWoodturningtools.com.
Was wondering if anyone has purchased from this site and if so were you satisfied ? Thanks Jim
Jim, Im not sure what it is youre turning... spindles or bowls, but you should probably spend your money on sharpening equipment instead. The time youll save sanding alone will thank you!. Investigate a wet grinder and the jigs, they make even me look like a pro!. Some of the best money Ive spent to date. I use mine for all sorts of sharpening , plane blades, chisels etc....

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
James,
Thanks I have you packed and ready to go.
It will be in tomorrows mail.
Should of gotten a email wit the tracking info in it.
John

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
James,
Thanks I have you packed and ready to go.
It will be in tomorrows mail.
Should of gotten a email wit the tracking info in it.
John

Awesome, John. Looking forward to it. Got the tracking number last night. Already added some other things to my wishlist. :)

Thanks!

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Received my order yesterday. finisher on 1/2" round steel bar. That thing is a joy to use! The Sorby Sovereign handle i got at woodcraft for it is a perfect match (weighty 22" handle). Very happy with it and will be ordering again in the future.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Received my order yesterday. finisher on 1/2" round steel bar. That thing is a joy to use! The Sorby Sovereign handle i got at woodcraft for it is a perfect match (weighty 22" handle). Very happy with it and will be ordering again in the future.
James,
Glad you like it.

jtdon99

New User
jim
Thanks to those who replied to my question, I ordered a rougher Sq. stock on 10/5, arrived today, nicely made, quick ship. I will be making a handle in the morning. Tried it out chucked up in my MT2 chuck works great, easy to use. Thanks John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS